Skip to main content

.. thought some jr/sr players that are still looking for a chance to play after HS might be interested:

Class of 2010 & 2011 Showcase
Presented by:

Navarro College
Grayson County College
North Central Texas College
McLennan Community College
Hill College

CAMP DATE: JUNE 13th at NAVARRO COLLEGE
JUNE 19th at NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE

Entry fee is $80. Registering on the day of the camp will cost $100. Only cash will be accepted the day of the camp.

Locations:
1)Navarro College/Perry D. Graham Field (Navarro College, Grayson County College, North Central College, and McLennan Community College)

2)North Central Texas College/Darwin Field (North Central College, Grayson County College, Navarro College, and Hill College)

Represented Schools:

Navarro College

Conference Champions 8 out of the last 11 years; Averaged 38 wins the last 4 seasons

Grayson County College

1999 and 2000 National Champions; Top 5 in Region V last 5 seasons

2001 National Champions; Nationally ranked 6 out of the last 10 years; Avg. 35 wins per year

McLennan Community College

Regional Qualifier 3 out of the 6 years; Approx. Average of 30 wins the last 4 seasons

Hill College

Regional qualifier 3 of the last 6 years; Approx. Avg. of 30 wins last 4 seasons

Benefits:
•Name recognition for the Summer/Fall recruiting process

•Individual evaluations in the 60 yard run, arm strength, fielding ability, and
Hitting mechanics

•Camp is ran like a professional tryout camp

•Scrimmage will take place to evaluate game like conditions after lunch

Entry Fee is $80. Registering the day of the camp will cost $100. Only cash will be accepted the day of the camp.
Refunds are available until June 10th for the Navarro College Camp and June 16th for the North Central Texas College Camp

Make checks payable to:

WHOA DILL for JUNE 13TH CAMP

SCOTT HARP for JUNE 19TH CAMP

Camp Structure:

Skills Evaluation: 9-12
Lunch: 12-1
Scrimmage: 1-?

*Note* If you want to try to pitch and play a position, you will be evaluated at both positions. Due to the amount of players, you will only get to play one position during the scrimmage. That position is determined by your primary position you signed up for on the sheet.

Any Questions?

WHOA DILL; 903-875-7478; WHOA.DILL@NAVARROCOLLEGE.EDU
MATT PODJENSKI; 903-875-7477; MATT.PODJENSKI@NAVARROCOLLEGE.EDU
SCOTT HARP; 940-668-4285; SHARP@NCTC.EDU

Inclement weather? Camp will be moved to the next day

-Send registration form and check by June 10th for the June 13th camp to

Navarro College
Attn: Whoa Dill
3200 W. 7th Ave
Corsicana, TX 75110

-Send registration form and check by June 16th for the June 19th camp to

Attn: Scott Harp
1525 W. California St.
Gainesville, TX 76240
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Couldn't JC coaches just do a hit-a-thon if they were trying to add to their small coaching income?

Wow, that was kinda harsh. I was there last year and these coaches didn't even stop for lunch. I was completely worn out just watching. I don't think they are doing it for just the money. Several kids got chance as a result of this event.
Son went to this last year. The coach that "invited" him to come never talked or followed up with him. Coaches were supposed to email an evaluation to players that asked for them. Never happened even after multiple requests.

All that being said, a coach from another school did contact him about 6 months later. I assume it was from seeing him there.
Son attended this event as well, although a few years back. Pretty much the same schools were in attendance. Coach Harp of NCTC was who we had contact with. In my opinion, it was well ran and as promised, an evaluation was emailed upon request.
Although son did not attend one of these schools, the exposure did help as Coach Harp and a couple of other schools did follow up.
Last edited by Danny Boydston
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Boydston:
Son attended this event as well, although a few years back. Pretty much the same schools were in attendance. Coach Harp of NCTC was who we had contact with. In my opinion, it was well ran and as promised, an evaluation was emailed upon request.
Although son did not attend one of these schools, the exposure did help as Coach Harp and a couple of other schools did follow up.

We sure miss Adam...
How can this not be a great deal financially for a player who wants to tryout for some of the top Junior Colleges Programs in North and Central Texas? It would cost at least $80.00 in gas to tryout for each individual college. Dallas to Corsicana (120 miles), Dallas to Denison (150 miles), Dallas to Gainesville (140 miles), Dallas to Waco(190 miles), and Dallas to Hillsboro(120 miles). This totals 720 miles + meals + 5 days of travel. I realize not everyone lives in Dallas but I had to start somewhere!

I would think if you showed up and displayed tools the coaches were looking for in a player, it would be to your benefit to have five coaches interested in your abilities instead of just one.

Several years ago there was a pitcher from Prosper who showed up at the North Central Showcase. Coaches from North Central, Navarro, Texarkana, and Grayson were in attendance. I can assure you the player received better scholarship money when the four schools started recruiting his talents.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.