Skip to main content

On Thursday, Gun's 2010 Voodoo went to the great batyard in the sky. Oddly enough, we saw two more go down over the next couple of days. Gun's blew-up, but two others lost the knob. I spoke with our local bat guy, he says they have seen a ton of failures over the past few weeks. Gun's was produced and overnighted on March 1. Anyone else seeing this happen? Gun's blew up on a cool night, but the other two were in 70(+) degree weather?

EDIT: BTW - One was a 4, but the other two were 3's.

Confused GED10DaD
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

In three years of high school ball, much of it played in below the recommended sixty degree tolerance/warranty level, Demarinis are the only bats I've seen break. A couple of years ago three of them shattered across the barrel. About four years ago my son had a Rawlings Plasma during the summer where the knob broke off. It was year Rawlings was having problems with their bats regardless of the weather.
Gunem..

Clarify for me; Voodoo is a Hybrid bat(composite handle but Alum/alloy barrel) so the barrel cracked ??? or the handle exploded?? I've seen Composites "blow up" but not Alloys. Also, by "knob coming off" do you mean the cap??

It's composites (CF4 for Demarini) that require temperatures above 60 degrees, Hybrids with alloy barrels are more tolerant.

Just curious as Son has used Voodoo's in the past with no problem but prefers TPX now days.
FYI...I saw 2-3 of 2008 Easton Stealths get returned last year - one my son's. All showed the same symptoms...first the paint started cracking and peeling and then the cracks showed up...as far as I know, all were replaced by Easton...

Son had another older Stealth separate between the barrel and the handle - after warranty, of course...I saw one other of the same era do the same about a year later...Tried to sell my son's "half off" but got no takers...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.