Skip to main content

The 2010 tournament schedule for Pastime Tournaments has started being released with many of the same events, locations and dates as you have seen for the past few years. There will be a number of new tournament locations on the board for 2010 as well including more events through our the Great Lakes, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and Southwest regions. As usual, most of our events have a feature college field and we guarantee, weather permitting, only a set number of teams a game on those fields until the championship rounds on Sunday. Those spots go to the teams registering and submitting payment early.

There are still a good number of events that are not posted but as soon as they are finalized we will continue to release them to the tournament schedule page of the site. If you are interested in getting that information please click the link below (all events are 4 game guarantees with baseballs provided, nationals are 5 game guarantee):

Pastime Tournaments - Tournament Schedule 2010
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Nearly all remaining tournament dates and locations have been submitted for 2010. Only a hand full of events are yet to be finalized and posted. 2010 locations now include:

-University of Michigan
-Oklahoma State University
-Wichita State University
-Purdue University
-Butler University & University of Indianapolis
-University of Memphis
-University of Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky, Transylvania, and Georgetown College
-University of Arkansas Little Rock
-Ball State University
-Saint Louis University
-Wright State University & University of Dayton

Other events to be released in Texas, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Tennessee.

Pastime Tournaments Website
Absolutely and we will likely continue to bring events to that area. However, we will continue to work around the Perfect Game events in that area as we want to have as many of the teams that compete in our events to have the opportunity to head out to the WWBA and/or BCS if they wish. We are continuing to move in that direction though ... just takes time to work out locations and all the details.

*We may very well have a Florida event or two for 2010 that are in the works still.
Updating a previous post:

Pastime Tournaments 2010 schedule has added several new locations for 2010 since our last post with some more high profile D1 locations to be added over the next several days.

2010 locations include tournaments at:

Oklahoma State University
University of Michigan
Purdue University
Indiana University
Butler University/University of Indianapolis
Ball State University
Saint Louis University
University of Arkansas Little Rock
Wright State University
University of Dayton
Wichita State University
University of Memphis
Miami University (OH)
University of Kentucky/Transylvania University/Georgetown College/Eastern Kentucky University
Temple University (dates posting this week)

Other locations being posted include events in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions as well as several dates in Texas again.

2009 tournaments saw over 1200 teams participating in these events. We expect to see over 1600 teams attend events in 2010 as we have more than doubled the number of teams, right now, that were registered to attend at this point last year for 2009 events. We averaged close to 30 schools/scouts at each of our 17/18U tournaments in 2009 as well!

The full 2010 schedule can be found through our site through the link below and I have also included links to age filtered schedules:

FULL 2010 Pastime Tournaments Schedule

17/18U Specific Schedule

15/16U Specific Schedule

14U Specific Schedule
::Update::

*100 teams registered since Sunday November 1st putting the total number of teams registered for events in 2010 at nearly 400 teams already!

*That is more than 200 teams registered at this time last year for 2009 events!

There will be some more events added in the Mid-Atlantic region and in Texas shortly so keep an eye out for those tournaments as they become finalized and dates are released. Thanks.

Pastime Tournaments
Wake Forest tournaments were added to our schedule of events today on a number of dates.

June 10-13 (15/16U aluminum bat)
June 24-27 (18U wood bat)
July 1-4 (17U wood bat & 15/16U aluminum bat)
July 8-11 (15/16U wood bat & 17/18U aluminum bat)

Registration will take place directly through our website as usual, baseballs provided as usual, and another couple of venues will be added before our schedule is completely finalized for 2010!

Use the AGE Filters at the top of the schedule page to make the schedule easier to manage based on your age division if you wish.
Yes, depending on the age division you are referring to. We saw, on average, almost a school for every team in attendance at our 17/18U events in 2009. Some events had significantly higher turnouts for our 40+ team tournaments seeing nearly 50/60 schools in attendance. The competition is typically very good at our events and that is why coaches have come in the past. I expect much of the same in 2010 for sure. Thanks.
Maybe. We are working on more fields as we speak. If/when we get more fields we will begin taking teams off of the Wait List. There are already a couple of teams on the Wait List so be sure to get your team signed up for the Wait List ASAP. The tournament at Wright State & University of Dayton will likely see 64+ teams in attendance ... great fields at that event and we see 45+ scouts at that event every year, easily.

Look forward to having you guys again but get registered for that Michigan Wait List and we will let you know once that event opens back up. Thanks.
Pastime,

We would like to come back to the UMich tourney but I have a question on the age cutoff rules. Please PM me or give me a call at your convenience. We will be completing our entire schedule with your organization again for 2010. You guys ran a tight ship last year. I and our parents appreciate your hard work and the quality events your team has put on.

Boiler Up!
Sorry for the bump but a number of programs have been asking about the Wake Forest (NC) and events in Texas at the Grand Prairie AirHogs QuikTrip Stadium. Both of these events have the usual 4 game guarantee and we always provide baseballs at our events. Be sure to check which are aluminum and which are wood bat events...those that are wood will say "wood bat" in the name of the event as well.

We understand those events are beginning to fill quickly but the first set number of teams to register and submit a deposit or full payment will get a guaranteed game at the feature field!

Thanks again and we look forward to a great summer.

Pastime Tournaments - Map Of Scheduled Events By State
A few updates on 2010 tournaments:

University of Michigan - tournament is full with 45 teams right now, working on more fields to get more teams in off of the wait list.

Wright State University/U of Dayton 18U - tournament is at 63 teams right now with just 1 spot left open!

Indiana University - tournament is full.

*There are roughly 6 tournaments that have just a couple of spots remaining open right now and will become full and closed over the next week or two.

**Pastime has partnered with a couple of showcase/clinic programs to provide more exposure opportunities to the players attending specific events through out the summer. We are working on getting those listed on the website and marked so teams know which events will have those opportunities at them. We will make sure all teams are aware of those events once that is done.

***Happy New Year to everyone and we look forward to a great 2010.
Crazy that we release fall schedules before we play a game of school/summer ball, I know, but about 95% of our fall tournament schedule has been released to the tournament schedule page and we've gotten about 100 emails regarding the schedule already so here it is.

Many of you already know but the fall events we host are ALL WOOD BAT events and all lead up to our Fall Wood Bat Championships. The pre-championship events are all 4 game guarantees, baseballs provided as usual, and have a round robin format.

Scroll down to the bottom for the fall events. Summer events are listed first based on start dates. OR you can simply filter the events by age division and select 17/18U and that will shorten the scheduled list for you.

2010 Pastime Tournaments Schedule

*Schedule this fall includes events at: Parkland College (IL), Midland Redskins Field (OH), Saint Louis University (MO-twice), Transylvania University (KY), Rockford RiverHawks (IL), Ft. Wayne Tin Caps (IN), University of Evansville (IN), Championships in Indianapolis, IN at Butler University and University of Indianapolis.
Last edited by Pastime Tournaments
Not sure if we will add something in Western PA this fall, likely next summer before you see more PA events from us. Should see some good stuff next summer though for sure.

---

On another note, we have a lot of our summer events that are now at capacity or within a team or two of capacity at more than a hand full of tournaments. Several were closed this morning already and a number more will likely be closed this week! Be sure to get your team registrations in if you have not yet registered and paid for your events.

Championship format after the 4 pool play games. Depending on the number of teams attending an event, say 30 teams for example, we run through 4 pool play games and then accept the top 8 teams for a championship bracket and the next 8 teams for a consolation bracket (so 16 teams advance to Sunday).

Championship rounds will see the two teams making it in to the championship game playing there 3rd game of the day and there 7th game of the tournament in most cases. Lots of baseball, good for everyone involved, we think.

Our Nationals are similar as well but we have 5 pool play games with some teams playing up to 8-9 games during the event. Hope that helps.

**Fall tournaments are different. They are more of a round robin style format as you described until our fall championships which revert back to championship play after pool play.
Just a heads up to many of those who attend our events that are HSBW users ... we are beginning to post several schedules for this summer for the events that are full and/or on a wait list. Since there are so many events that are already full, some with as many as 64 teams attending, we plan on having many of the schedules out by April 15 or sooner! We understand this helps teams with planning, etc, so we will continue to try and push them out as quickly as we can. Thanks!
Pastime, just got back from your tournament in Kentucky. We played 4 games and the only scouts we saw there were a coach from one of the schools. We played at 2 schools. I know there was a coach from one of them there. Not even sure about the other. I did see a guy there to groom the field between games, but not sure if he was a coach or not and not sure if he was there to scout or just fix the fields.

Bottom line is, there were no scouts from outside the school - at least that I saw. You may need to work on that to have people return to the tournaments. As of now, I'm not sure we would go back, especially traveling as far as we did for as many days as this tournament was. We had games on Thrusday, Friday and Saturday. That lead into 4 hotel nights and a 5 1/2 hour drive to be seen by one coach. Long way to travel and a big expense to have one guy there from one of the schools.
we went to few last year, I thought they were pretty good as far as competiton and tourney's go. Not a lot of scouts unless you make it to the last day (and we never did so i can't offcially comment Smile). I did run into the odd one here and there that was watching/following the odd player in particular. I would advise contacting scouts before hand and advising where you will be. This would be an advisable process for any tourney though. The killer is the travel. If you have a summer coach who has contacts is proactive it can make all the difference.
Last edited by liner
bballman - I am not sure which team you are with, I am assuming the 16 year old GA Hurricanes, but we printed off nearly 25 complete roster packets which are given ONLY to schools at the event and they were gone before Sunday. We get the coaches to attend but unfortunately we can't force them to watch every team and with 90% of the teams at this event being 17 year old teams that they can recruit right away from I am sure their focus and attention may have been on them. I can tell you that the 4 facilities used during the weekend (Transylvania, Eastern Kentucky University, Georgetown College, University of Kentucky) had representatives in town ... as well as the University of Indianapolis who also had a representative as the lead director of the event. That's 5 schools alone that we could 100% guarantee in attendance before you left home. 5 schools doesn't mean a whole lot to us as our numbers show quite a bit more but, again, we can't force them to watch the 15 and 16U teams unfortunately.

I do agree with liner that having a proactive coach always helps during the recruiting trail. Most coaches aren't going to watch a team they have never heard of ... they need someone to make some contact with or someone to tell them "that team has a couple of kids that can play" before they commit to a game/team and watch them. Coaches travel pretty hard, there are NCAA rules they have to watch, and hundreds of thousands of kids to recruit from ... every voice helps. However, I will disagree on the Sunday notion as most scouts are gone and back home by Sunday unless there is a pitcher they want to see that is scheduled to throw on Thursday. From our experience, we see the majority of schools in attendance on Friday and Saturday.

Thank you for the feedback and we will continue to work on improving your visibility.
No problem Pastime. Yes, we are with the Georgia Hurricanes. We played at two of the 4 facilities, Transylvania and EKU. We didn't do well there overall. Won one game and it was the one my son pitched. Complete game 2-1 win. Did see and talk to the Transylvania coach (nice guy), and he was there for that game. Didn't see anyone at the EKU game although, he could have been up in the pressbox there. Thanks for the feedback. Didn't mean to dis you. It was a well run tournament and I don't have any complaints at all about how the event was run or the umps or anyone else. Good job there.

I just remember you saying that you usually had about as many scouts as there were teams in the event. Just asking. Once again, thanks for the response and a well run tournament.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.