Skip to main content

I just finished reading all of the posts on here about the pre-season favorites. I will give you the actual top 4 in order:
1) Indian River
2) Western Branch
3) Great Bridge
4) Grassfield

Why Indian River and Western Branch? Pitching, offense, and team chemistry will get these 2 teams into regionals this year. I chose Indian River as #1 because they are deeper in pitching and their offense is improved over last year. Western Branch will always hit the ball, and can beat anyone with Thompson on the hill. IR vs WB will be the games to watch this season.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Quote from 247baseball

"I will give you the actual top 4 in order:"

1) Indian River
2) Western Branch
3) Great Bridge
4) Grassfield

Grassfield has Cox/ Ingraham/ Ellis
GB has Stokes/ Flaherty/ Van Asche
WB has Thompson/ Johnsonbaugh/

Actually, I believe the word "actual" would be a word that should be used at the end of the season and not in the beginning... This is a tough league anything can happen.
So much for the early predictions 0-3 start in this district with very little run support is hurting indian river. How is your thoughts now? Cox and Ingram are gonna be tough to beat and grassfield has Ellis Carter and Altman who everyone will be talking about next year.Its still early buy coach Todd gets Southeastern Districts coach of the year with this group.Great Bridge behind them flip a coin on the rest.
Grassfield has the most impressive start. Don't sleep on Western Branch though. Saw them dismantle Cox in a preseaseon scrimmage. It was cold but over the first 9 innings it was 10-2 WB and it wasn't that close. Cox had maybe 6-7 batters reach and scored two in the 1st when a fly ball got thrown away. So far Grassfield and WB look to be the best of the SE. GB, Hickory and IR will probably be in the mix for the last two spots with GB maybe slightly over the other two. Nansmond River could sneak up on them but I think they might be a year away.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.