Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

We have a 16u team that is made up mostly of 2011 and some 2012 grads. The team has done well this year for its first year in some local tournaments in Mystic CT coming in second and Buffalo at the New Era Cap Classic coming in first place against some very good competition. The team is the NY Capital District Knights. www.nyknights.org. We are looking to have the boys play in more competitive tournaments that are more like showcases if possible so they can get exposure. Unfortunately the team is not ranked and we do not have the benefit of superior knowledge that many of the organizations we have looked at on the web seem to have for which tournaments and showcases they go to so the players have a possibility of playing at the college level. We certainly believe in the Northeast and Mid Atlantic areas near us that the Headfirst's Honor Roll Baseball Camps, the PG Academic ones etc seem to be some of the better ones for showcases. Any guidance or ideas to take the team itself to the next level with regard to tournaments for next summer (June, July, Aug)? We also have a 15u team that did well and if you have suggestions for that age group I will pass it along as well to those coaches.
Sorry, I'm just getting back to you......

Bob Doss Memorial......It is a 19U Metal Bat Tournament. Last year there was 16 Teams, including teams from New York, Virginia, Michigan, New York, South Carolina. It was attended pretty well by local schools in Greensboro, including UNCG, Greensboro College, NC A and T....App State, Duke, Averett... I know there were a few more....Mike Fox showed up one day.....

The teams were comprised of Palomino and Legion Teams to 17U Showcase Teams, the top 12 teams were above average with alot of D1 Signees.....pool play, 3 games with a chance for 6 games. We played our games at War Memorial, Northern Guilford, and Stoner White. The cost of $550.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.