Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by KCR:
Game summary in our game was we ran into a Buzz Saw. He was the best LHP I have seen all year. Signee to USC and 6'3 170 pounds 88-93 all night and it was VERY easy. Final score 2-0

Was it a kid named Tarpley? He's the same buzzsaw that the Patriots ran into in the WS Qualifier in Tempe. Kid is special. I think he was an 8th round pick by the Cubs.
quote:
Originally posted by iluvgoodbaseball:
Game Summary--DBAT Eliminated. Still a lot of fun things to do in Farmington besides baseball. Stay there and enjoy it for a few days before heading back to the Texas heat.

They typically whisk the eliminated teams back to the airport in Albuquerque pretty quickly once you're done so not much chance to stick around.

Seems the story of the tournament is the host team Strike Zone Cardinals that are undefeated into the fourth round vs Midland today. The locals are really into baseball so I bet the town's buzzing about the hometown kids showing well.
quote:
Originally posted by Dallas Knights GM:
The locals are really into baseball so I bet the town's buzzing about the hometown kids showing well.

Last year when we played Farmington in the third round they estimated over 12,000 in attendance.

The place was intense and electric.

Too bad for the hometown fans that most witnessed one of the best amatuer pitching performances. Many vetran pro scouts (about 600 or so Wink Big Grin ) said it was the best they had ever seen. The #7 pick of this years draft, Archie Bradley, sat 97/98 with a big league breaking ball. He struck out the first 10 batters of the game and sent the Carndinals to the showers pie eyed.

That's the way baseball go sometime.

Still got love for the Farmington folks. I'm rooting for them now!

Last year before the WS I gave the head coach a little "scouting report" on some pick up pitchers. Tipped him on high draft pick Houser and another Owasso ringer.

He owns an indoor facility and gave us full access to it all week.

Back scratches regards,
Last edited by Ken Guthrie
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Guthrie:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dallas Knights GM:
The locals are really into baseball so I bet the town's buzzing about the hometown kids showing well.

Last year when we played Farmington in the third round they estimated over 12,000 in attendance.

Ken,
I remember listening to that game on line last year, WOW !!!! great stuff. If my memory serves me weren't there several great plays on defense and some timely hitting? I still remember them describing on radio you going to your knees telling a player to slide going into 3rd base after an RBI triple. Great listening on Vertical Radio. Wish I could have seen it in person.
quote:
Originally posted by Xgirl:
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Guthrie:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dallas Knights GM:

Ken,
I remember listening to that game on line last year, WOW !!!! great stuff. If my memory serves me weren't there several great plays on defense and some timely hitting? I still remember them describing on radio you going to your knees telling a player to slide going into 3rd base after an RBI triple. Great listening on Vertical Radio. Wish I could have seen it in person.

I vividly remember one really good defensive play that game. SS Micheal Bernal made a diving play up the middle to throw a guy out at first to save a run. Funny thing is that Micheal is playing for the Farmington team this summer. Might catch his name on radio again.

I don't remember if I went to my knees in prayer or if I slipped...or maybe it was a slide going down the line to stop and get back towards the bag. Yeah! That's it. Ha!

Regardless, it was a great game in an unbelievable atmosphere.

Farmington is so special. Words here can't truely paint the proper picture.
Last edited by Ken Guthrie

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.