Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

cheapseats.. Bremerton will definitely be a different world for him. I grew up in Seattle, and was stationed in Bremerton (Navy) for awhile. It's just a ferry boat ride across the Sound from Seattle. The weather in the Summer should be in the 70's and dry. Perfect for baseball.

The West Coast league is definitely on the upswing, with good talent. Your son will come home with a greater understanding of the great PNW and it's unbelievable diversity of terrain, weather, people and baseball! He'll play in the hot climate of Yakima, the marine layer area of coastal Oregon, and undoubtedly get over to Seattle.

Tell him to check out Pioneer Square, Pike Place Market, Seattle Center and the Jimmy Hendrix Experience.

Good luck to your son. Mine will be playing in Madison in the Northwoods League again.
quote:
Originally posted by cheapseats:
Thanks for the info Bum! I will be sure to pass on the info.

Best of luck to your son as well!

cheapseats - I echo Bum's comments on Seattle and those places he mentions are absolutely must see's. I have been there dozens of times and it is one of the most beautiful cities you can find and it is fun to walk around there. Excellent night life and entertainment. Fabulous shopping as well so if you can make it up there, plan several days for site-seeing, night life, and shopping. Pacific Place Mall and surrounding areas is a great place to window shop and enjoy the downtown. Metropolitan Grill is a wonderful restaurant. Their French Onion soup, steaks and sea food are world class quality.
Cheapseats,
I am an hour away from Bremerton if you ever need me in an emergency or other help ,let me know.My son was trucked in an NECBL summer league game and ended up with a nasty concussion and I was extremely lucky to be there soaking in a game or two when it happened.
Hope he has a marvelous time! Might need his passport as I think he will jaunt into Canada at least once for a series I believe.
catchersdad
And tell him that Vanna White once stood atop the Space Needle and that supposedly some of the largest octopi around hang out down in the area of the Narrows Bridge. There's also a big suckhole that can appear below the bridge because of the amount of water trying to squeeze through at tidal change. Just some random observations Big Grin

I have been out to the Fairgrounds to catch a couple of BlueJacket games. It's a really nice environment, good fan support, etc., and as others have said, traveling around the PNW is just pure eye candy. Great area, so much to do!
Last edited by Krakatoa
Cheapseats- one of my son's best friends will be in Kitsap too. Should be fun from what I hear.

My son will be with the Corvalis Knights this summer. We're glad to be able to have him on the same coast(although we're still far away) this summer and hope to see a few games. I think our boys will play each other! Pm me when you get a chance with your son's name. Tell him we'll take him out to dinner when they come to Corvalis! He'll probably think it's crazy to go out with a family he doesn't even know but these boys don't understand the power of the hsbbweb. By then he'll probably be happy to be treated to a good meal that he doesn't have to pay for.
Thanks everyone for the tips!

CaBB - I will definitely send you a message, we have hosted players in the Texas Collegiate League two different years (2005, a player from FL and 2010, son plus one other player) so it will be interesting to have him on the other side of the host family set-up and yes, I am sure he would love to meet up with you all for a meal. Thank you for the offer.

Catchersdad - thank you for your offer as well, will definitely keep that in mind, tough being injured far from home so I am hoping/praying for no injuries or travel complications.
Rob your son will love playing in Wilson. They have a baseball museum at the field which has some great stuff. Fleming Stadium is an old Carolina League Minor League Park and its awesome. They routinely draw a large crowd to each game and the city of Wilson is a great place. The folks there love their baseball and they have a great following. He will def enjoy playing in Wilson and the CPL is a great league. He is going to travel more than he has in his entire life. But he is going to have a blast.
Cheap Seats, My son is also headed to Kitsap, just found out. Last year Wash DC, this year Wash state, these kids have it made! I chatted with the coach, sounds like a nice guy with a good attitude, they are one of a few remaining "Mom and Pop owned" clubs in the league, sounds like a good deal though, bus's, hotels and food covered on away series. Last year the kids were driving themselves all over Maryland and DC, I hated that. Big 4th party after the game, I'm gonna try to get there for the 4th. Spent last year on the National mall, it was cool.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.