Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Another no-no

Western Branch won their second game of the season against Deep Creek 7-0, improving their record to 2-0. Senior Shane Johnsonbaugh threw a complete game no-hitter. The Bruin offense was lead by Garrett Brooks, Kyle McPherson, and Grant Miaorana who each had two hits apiece. The Bruins travel to Kings Fork on Tuesday March 20th to take on the Bulldogs
Another no-hitter! On Friday Paul Hall from Maury teamed with Cameron Parker and Wyatt Dawley to toss a no-hitter for the Commodores in a game against Booker T. Washington.

Hall yielded two walks and struck out eight in three innings. Josh Airaghi went 3 for 3 with two triples and 2 RBIs for Maury.

quote:
Originally posted by VirginiaPreps.com:
We are tracking all the no-hitters for the 2012 season and a free page for accumulating all that data, please let us know of any no-hitters this season!

2012 No Hitters
I am not from your part of the country but I noticed the topic. It has been something that I have been noticing in the Dallas/Fortworth area-more shutouts, no hitters and one hitters this season than I have ever seen.

Seeing your post somewhat confirms my belief how much the BBCOR bat is affecting the game. My conclusion thus far is that pitchers by and large are having career years and batters by and large are not having the same year they had when they were using the besr or better known as steroids bats. If I had to draw a conclusion pitchers are performing better than they actually are or are performimg as they should have been had the bats been not juiced and hitters are performing worse than they actually are or are performing like they would have performed if the bats were not juiced.
quote:
Originally posted by golden rule:
I am not from your part of the country but I noticed the topic. It has been something that I have been noticing in the Dallas/Fortworth area-more shutouts, no hitters and one hitters this season than I have ever seen.

Seeing your post somewhat confirms my belief how much the BBCOR bat is affecting the game. My conclusion thus far is that pitchers by and large are having career years and batters by and large are not having the same year they had when they were using the besr or better known as steroids bats. If I had to draw a conclusion pitchers are performing better than they actually are or are performimg as they should have been had the bats been not juiced and hitters are performing worse than they actually are or are performing like they would have performed if the bats were not juiced.

I don't think it has anything to do with bats...

The pitching in Virginia is damm good, influenced by a large number of exceptional pitching instructors in Virginia.

If you don't believe me, just ask Ray Tanner - he seems to love our Virgnia Pitchers as does many of the other top programs.....

Sorry to brag and not trying to rough up your post GR, but I do believe that Virginia has some very talented players.....

Big Grin
Last edited by Flying Dutchman
James River senior lefty Nate Kirby no-hit Clover Hill today in a game shortened to 6 innings after James River got its 10th run in the bottom of the 6th. Only one ball, a lineout to center, was hit reasonably well. I think there were something like two walks and that was it.

Kirby also started the scoring with a solo HR in the 5th that broke the offense out of its slumbers and started an onslaught.
Broad Run junior AJ Powell threw his fourth career no-hitter against Stonewall Jackson on May 1st. In the game shortened to 5 innings, Powell threw 48 pitches, stuck out 4 batters, issued zero walks and allowed one hitter to reach base on an error in the Spartans 10-0 victory.

At the plate, Powell also led his team with 5 runs knocked in that included a Sac Fly RBI, a 2-RBI triple and a walk off 2-RBI single to end the game.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.