Skip to main content

How does the 2013 model compare to the 2011-12 version? Is it the same weighting or is it less end-weighted? Kid broke his S1 and it's at Easton, approved for replacement, but they're on backorder until end of MARCH!! They can ship an X1 on the 4th... He swings a 33/30. And is using a 33/30 5150 & velo in the interim...Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Bolts,

Just my opinion, but I think the S1 and XL1 have much different swing weights, and I don't think the 2013 XL1 feels any less end-loaded than the 2012.  Most of the stores around here will at least let you swing the bat, even if you have to step into a back room for safety.  That might be enough for your son to judge.

Please tell me he didn't break a 2013 S1 already!

Boy got new 33 S1 from Santa.  He picked it out and tested it.  Said that is the bat that will last him the next 2 years.  Used it through batting practice in January.  Coach buys the team bats, and one of them was a 33 S1, which is great then his bat will be only used by him...................

Best friend on team uses a Marucci Black 33.  He breaks the end cap.  He tells dad that he likes the feel of the Marucci Elite.  His dad buys it for him and gets a Black back on warranty.  He uses the Elite for a week during the first part of February...........but can't get used to it. Goes back to the black...........one family has 2 bats.

My son uses Elite after forgetting his bat one day.  He likes it and has been using it in our first weeks of games.

Dang kids these days!!!!

As far as the XL1 vs. S1, The XL1 has a longer barrel and is more end weighted. S1 has a shorter barrel and is more balanced.

As far as the 13 model vs. 11-12 model, the composite barrel on the original XL1 (white barrel) had a shiny/slick/smooth finish. Of course, after being used it gets roughed up. On the 13 model of the XL1 (yellow barrel), the finish is a flat paint with a little grip to it. I don't think the weight or structure of the bat has changed. Remains to be seen whether or not the paint makes a difference.

In theory, the flatter, grippier finish, should allow for more backspin on fly balls and possibly..... possibly allow the ball to stay on the barrel a millisecond longer, possibly allowing for a greater trampoline effect off the barrel. This is my opinion only, not something that Easton is promoting.

In a real world situation, none of that probably matters much.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.