Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

4A should be fun to follow this season. I'd look for Cleburne, Waxahachie, Lake Dallas, and Corsicana to do well again out of this area.
Moving a little outside of the DFW Metroplex, Whitehouse and WF Rider should be worth watching, if you get a chance.
If I had to pick a sleeper in 4A, I'd take Burleson Centennial. They may not really be a true sleeper pick, but they are moving up from 3A. I also like Prosper, who is also making the move from 3A. The loss of Torii Hunter Jr will hurt, but they still have some firepower and a great Coach. That's my $0.02. But there's a lot more where that came from.
Last edited by Catcherz_Dad
quote:
Originally posted by Catcherz_Dad:
4A should be fun to follow this season. I'd look for Cleburne, Waxahachie, Lake Dallas, and Corsicana to do well again out of this area.
Moving a little outside of the DFW Metroplex, Whitehouse and WF Rider should be worth watching, if you get a chance.
If I had to pick a sleeper in 4A, I'd take Burleson Centennial. They may not really be a true sleeper pick, but they are moving up from 3A. I also like Prosper, who is also making the move from 3A. The loss of Torii Hunter Jr will hurt, but they still have some firepower and a great Coach. That's my $0.02. But there's a lot more where that came from.

Burleson young warrior have straight fast arrows for his tribe. Coppell will hold many of scalps before summer.
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Nocahoma:
quote:
Originally posted by Catcherz_Dad:

Burleson young warrior have straight fast arrows for his tribe. Coppell will hold many of scalps before summer.

Centennial may have one of the best pitchers in the state, if not the best.
This year, it's Coppell's world and we're all living in it. They pound the ball and have one of the deepest pitching staffs in North Texas. With that pitching (their #3 & #4 are as good as most teams #1 & #2) they're going to raise hell in pre-district tourneys, skate through their district and be a very tough out in the post-season.

Southlake Carroll is going to be outstanding with that 1-2 punch at pitcher and Kenny Hill.

Everybody seems to forget about a team that not only tied Arlington Martin, but also beat Plano, Flower Mound, Marcus, Allen (would have made the playoffs in any other district) and Rowlett last year. Oh yeah... that was Plano East.

I agree that C-Heritage and Keller Fossil Ridge should be good this year but everybody seems to also forget that Plano East beat those teams 4 of 6 games (outscoring them 43-27) in the playoffs. The two starting pitchers that won those four playoff games are back this year along with several other core players.

Plano is the district champ until somebody knocks them off and they have a lot of very good position players coming back.

There are too many good to great players at Plano West for them to stay down. They (13-1 in non-district games) would have made the playoffs in any other district in North Texas last year.

Lake Highlands has a nice core of senior talent that has been splashing around the Varsity level for a few years and I expect them to go through their district like a buzz-saw.
Last edited by Stiglitz
canyon high(amarillo) 4a in my neck. they should be top in panhandle and have a lot of d1 talent returning....Jake Rogers c (tulane), Jace Vessels lhp, and couple other upper 80s pitchers. There are a lot of great players that get overlooked in panhandle or maybe some colleges just lazy but someone could rake once this area is discovered!(for another topic though)
quote:
Originally posted by raidersrojos:
canyon high(amarillo) 4a in my neck. they should be top in panhandle and have a lot of d1 talent returning....Jake Rogers c (tulane), Jace Vessels lhp, and couple other upper 80s pitchers. There are a lot of great players that get overlooked in panhandle or maybe some colleges just lazy but someone could rake once this area is discovered!(for another topic though)

I like Randall over Canyon.
what about 26-5A? Few teams had strong runs last year like Johnson and Reagan but this year seems to be O'Connors year. Very deep pitching with 4 guys any school would want to have led by Ecker. Then you have Churchill with a ton of returning talent as does Reagan. I think Johnson falls a bit. Seems they can hit well but they seem to lack in pitching even though they had a few move in players to help.

Thoughts?
9-4A no certain order - FHS, Centennial, Prosper and Wakeland

10-4A no certain order - Highland Park, Creekview, Terrell, Forney
Originally Posted by 4290:
quote:
ttredraiders1
Posted January 12, 2013 08:50 AMHide Post
I believe that 9-4A and 10-4A will push everyone again this year. Both districts have 2 - 3 solid teams this year.

Which teams are you thinking are top teams in each - 9-4A and 10-4A that "will push everybody"?

It's been years....no player on the team but it is good to watch the current hs set coming up.  Coach Clark at Coppell seems to have the boys heads on straight but he would tell you that they have to play the games and figure somethings out before you give them the district...I do have anephew at Plano and he tells me they are focused... I hope to catch a few games and I will make a point to get down to Martin for a Warrior Dawg.

Originally Posted by UTA25:

Who out West is going to be a team in 5A that can get to state? 

Watched SA (San Angelo) not (San Antonio) Central play Wed vs The Colony and LHS.  They have a very disciplined bunch at the plate who hit the ball well all the way down the lineup.  All hit the ball hard even on the easy outs.  Have a least 4 good arms and play good defense, they may surprise a lot of teams.  Only thing holding them back is they have to travel everywhere being the only 5A school in San Angelo!

Originally Posted by RHPbaseballfan:

Which teams look strongest in pitching so far?  Any 90+ mph pitchers?

I've been out to see a good number of games so far this season and velos seem to be down across the board.  Guys that were consistently in the upper 80's and lower 90's aren't breaking out of the mid 80's.  Not sure what to attribute it to or if my sample size just hasn't been large enough or broad enough, but it's definitely what I've seen.

January 8, 2013 1:42 PM

Strong Again...................C. Heritage, A. Martin
Sleeper surprise in 6-5A.....Nimitz Vikings

Last edited by Laylow January 8, 2013 1:43 PM

Irving Nimitz takes 3rd place in district 6-5A.Nimitz Defeats Bell 4/27/13 at Grapevine HS, 3-1 to take 3rd place outright. 2nd time in Irving Nimitz history to make state play-offs. Previous year 2000.
Pretty good call

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.