Skip to main content

I posted the below on the Virginia Forum but was properly directed here to post.  Any advice would be appreciated.

My son is a 2014 infielder, who has played a full summer of Travel baseball (showcases / tourneys.. etc.) for a respected team.  He is pretty good player (All State / All Met) has had a good summer (at least we have been told and think so).  We have been told by people (travel coaches, opposing travel coaches..etc.)  that he is a D1 baseball player.  My problem is he has not generated any "interest" (offers, phone calls.. etc.) from D1 programs, lots of camp emails and return emails saying we are watching you..etc.  He plays football (pretty good at that as well) and we are trying to get to some camps this Fall when time allows. I am trying to get any feedback from Coaches as to level of interest to get to those camps where the greatest interest is shown, little to no communication back. 

We have been told to be patient that position players are the last to be recruited (not sure if that is true) was wondering if any of the vets on this site may have advice or knowledge of what we should be doing or similar experience?     

Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.