Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by bev:

novice mom here and would love some feedback, has anyone recvd a college offer after attending? MANY, MANY HAVE AND WILL. do pro scouts or college coaches attend this event? MOSTLY COLLEGE BUT LOTS OF THEM.  IT IS ONE OF THE BEST EVENTS OFM THE YEAR FOR EXPOSURE FOR UNDERCLASSMEN.

thanks!

-Bev

SEE CAPS ABOVE.

Ok, I am reading between the lines..ha ha . great news..

it this invite only.?  I am going to PG web site now...  brb.

Some camps that my son has been to in the past has a  follow up email / invites from the schools that were there watching ..saying,

'we seen you play at ABC event, so now come out to our school showcase on date???'

to futher evaluate your skills in front of our coaches at SoSo school...

what gives...

Last edited by jlaro

1.Dec 28 - 30 2014 National Underclass Showcase-Main Event-Fort Myers, FL

2.Jan 03 - 04 2015 World Showcase-Ft. Myers, FL

3.Jan 03 - 04 2015 National Underclass East Showcase-Ft. Myers, FL

4.Jan 03 - 04 2015 World Uncommitted Showcase-Ft. Myers, FL

Of these 4 events which will be the best for a 2015 and bring the most college coaches?

I hope my son is committed before these event happens but you never know.

Last edited by jlaro

The event the OP asked about is a tournament, not an individual showcase.  It is in Oct in Ft. Myers and would not be for 2015s since it is Underclass.  The big fall tournament for seniors is the 2014 WWBA Championship in Jupiter (late Oct) which is very hard to get into (would have to be on very high end travel team that receives an invite).  The showcases are separate, and I do not know which would be best.  Most showcases are not invite only...simply make a request to PG and they will more than likely grant it.

This is the event that got it all rolling for our 2016 last year.  He came in relief of one of our highly rated pitchers.  Probably 15-20 major conference D1s and 15-20 other D1 schools were there to see this pitcher.  He had a rough day and my son came into the game.  About half of those stayed and he has had consistent contact with a couple of those schools since then.

Lots of college coaches from all over the country at this event.  Son has been to WWBA 3 times and several other PG events all over the country.  Other than the 17U WWBA this summer most college coaches I have seen at a PG event.  Obvioulsy excluding the granddaddy of all events in Jupiter.

Yes, Thank you.. I see what PG has listed...

*2014 WWBA Underclass World Championship

AGE LIMIT: 2016 Graduates or younger. There is no birth date age requirement. No seniors allowed.

*2014 WWBA World Championship

AGE LIMIT: 2015 Graduates or younger. There is no birth date age requirement. Players must be currently in high school to participate.

Originally Posted by Matty:

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a question for backstop dad.  How can a 2016 have "consistent contact" with college coaches?

In both cases the coaches gave their cell phone number to my son's coach and said to have him call. Armed with that the coaches tell him to call them and update them once every two weeks or so.  If he calls and they don't answer both have instructed him to keep calling.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.