Skip to main content

Thank goodness for the turf in Jacksonville. 

Brimfield 1

Ottawa Marquette 4

Ottawa Marquette 8

Carlinville 4

Red Bud 0

Ottawa Marquette 11

Many other teams down there; Morris, Lemont, Serena, etc. should be able to hear more scores. The rest of this week might be tough although I read Streator Woodland played at home Friday so there is hope. 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Friday March 21 Games
Nonconference

No. 8 Lemont 10, No. 23 Peoria Notre Dame 4

No. 15 Metamora 12, Delavan 2

Mattoon 10, Sullivan 2

Jacksonville 11, TF South 0

Vernon Hills 7, Waukegan 2

St. Viator 7, Cardinal Gibbons (NC) 6

Carbondale 6, Jackson (MO) 1

Marist 7, Boulder Creek (AZ) 6

Marist 8, Sierra Linda (AZ) 6

Westmont 4, Immaculate Conception 1

Oak Forest 12, Romeoville 0

Thursday, March 20 Games
Nonconference

No. 9 Springfield Sacred Heart-Griffin 10, Kankakee Bishop McNamara 0

No. 19 Brother Rice 11, Whitney Young 3

Chicago Christian 12, Lisle 5

No. 75 Mount Vernon 8, Pinckneyville 3 

Auburn 6, Springfield 5

Quincy Notre Dame 5, Quincy 2

Salem 4, Benton 3

St. Joseph Ogden 8, Watseka 1

Last edited by James G

Will we be posting scores and info here or on the IL. forum?We have games mid-week at Jacksonville too.Will be playing two top 75 pre-season PBR teams for what that's worth.(top 50).Have no clue how the guys are looking as theres been no on field practices.I still think if things are/were handled right we would have as good a staff as ever.The arms/talent are there.Have no clue how things are looking as son seems to have joined the CIA concerning this topic.Mondays game has already been cancelled.haven't heard about Fri. or Sat. yet.Don't know how anyone will be used but from where I am sitting will have the same amount of kids from both sides of mound.

No I agree papi, it's useless. It's just the scores copied directly over from PBR. They do a top 75 preseason thing, so that is why they appear.  Was too lazy to delete them. For those interested, you can go to their website and read it and their team recaps (which is nice to at least read what teams have coming back, outlooks, etc). 

Well I don't know why you would feel about a can of worms.Its only a list.Its not our list.I seriously douhbt anyone thinks someone got left out, the ranking are wrong, whatever.Its only a list most people like lists and hey you gotta start someplace right?As far as the list meaning anything well really it doesn't.No matter what time of year.The one area it might have some influence considering it takes all 4 classes might be strength of schedule.But in the end our game is all about numbers.to get those numbers someone has to play baseball.If your comment on the 75 is some knock on me and it offended you to the point you felt the need to say something well I am sorry.I reread my post and since it has not been edited the part about the list where I right "for what its worth" means actually that.The 75 list is for what its worth.Nothing

Originally Posted by biggerpapi:

I would have liked to see those extra inning 1-0 games.

Those are 4 pretty good programs!  Geographically, they are all next to each other as well. 

There are some surprising scores.  I didn't think Edwardsville would be Belleville West that badly.  That is typically a close conference game.  Granite City is living in some real bad luck.  Every time I read the paper, it seems as if they have lost another game by 1 run.  East St. Louis and Cahokia are terrible and so get beaten by 20+ most of the time.  It appears that both coaches decided to not run up the score and so Kudos to them.  O'Fallon and Belleville East was a great game and also a Southwestern Conference game.  They are very similar teams and with sound coaching. 

Last edited by CoachB25

After yesterday while looking back we have not won a game that we gave up more than 2 runs for sure.There may have been one game early on where the other team scored 3 and we won.I am thinking its 2 runs after what happened yesterday.We have at least 6 probably 9 kids that can pitch if you were in a bind.So the pitching and defense start to fall apart in last inning.What does our fearless one do?Brings in his soph. pitcher who has 2 days rest in a game that the only thing it has going for it is the head coach wants to win.If your guys are hitting I would imagine you would beat us.Yes we have 3 kids that really can pitch.Problem is we are going into the 3rd year of a varsity program that can't play defense.For what ever reason most of the kids only play school ball.There is nothing here before first leagal day or after last game.Nothing to brag about inbetween.Its a real shame there is talent there.

Will not go out on a limb and say how far 2016 hit ball but will report what I witnessed.Very hard hit fly ball into a 90 degree wind blowing in stiff flag.The center fielder along with right fielder thought the ball was hit between them as both made very aggressive run at flyball.as the wind blew flyball back toward home plate 2nd baseman 2-4 ft. on grass call for the ball while OF are still running in.Ball still heading to 3rd to home plate line catcher and 3rd base get involved.All the while both OF and 2b still involved.Ball finally drops 3-5 ft. back side of mound with basicall the other team having ball surrounded while it hits the ground.I think visiting team was more astonished on what the wind did to the ball than it going for an infield double.There was no one to cover 2b after 2016 had rounded first.I hate to laugh at kids expense but had never seen that one before.

Similar funk for us too Papi. Got shutout by LW North 3-0, lost to them again 5-1, shut out by Lemont 3-0 and lost a bad game to LW East 6-2. 

Faced 3 D1 pitchers in 4 games (Latz-LSU, Ostrowski-Purdue, and Calderon-Moorehead State) and was completely overmatched. But it was great competition. Hopefully it serves the team well for playoffs. 

Oh, and you go 24-4 and get #2 seed in Regionals...and face Joliet Catholic for the first round....OUCH. Winner of that game plays Lemont....I hate the IHSA and their thinking of this 3A Lemont Regional.

Their setting things up so that if we beat streator my guy will get the bump vs. lasalle-puru.I'm already nervous.Hes throwing tomorrow. He'll either be 6-1 or undefeated in conference this year.Don't know about you but its almost as bad as waiting up for him while hes out on the weekends...................................

----- Original Message -----

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.