Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by BaseballDad757:
Can we start talking about it now?   Predictions.   Outlooks.

Well, it's hard to know exactly what will transpire between now and September.  Every year, there seems to be a few folks who end up transferring into the various school districts.  We will not know who and where, as it regards those folks until later on.

My early thoughts would be this:

The same players will be good again.

To be clear...this past season, there was a clear separation in regards to the best team.  Western Branch was better and deeper, in almost every way.  Amongst the next four, there was very little separation.  Any of the other four could beat the other on any given day, and it would not be a surprise.

In 2015, I expect there to be very little separation amongst the top half, again!

* Nansemond River will be a legitimate state title contender.

* Western Branch, for all that they're losing, will return quite a bit, and always have talent in waiting.

* 2015 should be the year that Grassfield takes a step up.  They return two D1 pitchers, and their best bats will be back.

* Hickory will be very good at the top, but not sure about the bottom of the lineup.

* Great Bridge always has talent, and is always well coached.  Given what they are losing, I'm not sure how they stack up to the other four.

Last edited by GoHeels

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.