Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

MidAtlanticDad posted:

In case anyone thought Game 3 would be tonight, it isn't. It just started.

Worked a DH with one of my D1 partners last night...we loved the idea that the game got postponed and were hoping it would resume last night so we could have a post-game beer and watch it. We checked and while he was overjoyed it started at 12 CDT, I wasn't as I'm busy working (as you can tell.)

JCG posted:

Yeah, same here. My cable subscription doesn't include ESPN U but I can see the raw feed on ESPN on Roku. I'm not missing all the talking.

Here's what you're missing.

Did you know that Owings needs a kidney transplant and is playing?  Going to get a kidney from his mom.  ESPN must have just uncovered that nugget.  Also, were you aware Beckwith throws from two different arm slots?!?  Preposterous!

And finally, BREAKING NEWS, Arizona head coach is in his first year with the school!  These guys have really done their homework.

Hitting mute . . .

Gee, I wonder if the BCS championship or the March Madness final would ever get changed to 1pm Eastern Time on a weekday. The NCAA should demand it be in the contract it's a night game and they have to broadcast it on ESPN or ESPN2. If the LLWS is broadcast on ABC why not the CWS final? It would be great exposure.

It will still be on at my house at 7pm. I'll just have to stay off hsbaseballweb until after watching tonight.

Last edited by RJM

It is just horrible that they put this game on in the middle of the day during the week.  So much interest in the CWS this year and I'm sure at least 1/2 the people that would have watched it prime time will not be able to watch it at 1:00 on a workday.  I've been on the road and just got back to the office here in the top of the 8th.  Just a shame that they did this...

I am happy Coastal won it.  I've been torn, coming into the CWS I wanted to see Coastal do well, but not necessarily win, then when they made the finals against Arizona I really kind of had to pull for Coastal as I am still not over Arizona beating Carolina in 2012. 

I think my favorite part of Coastal winning though is that they have been able to accomplish something that Clemson has never been able to do.

This Coastal team reminds me a lot of the 2010 Carolina team won the national championship (and knocked off Coastal in the Supers to get there).  They aren't the most talented team in the world, but they just find a way to get the job done.

I am sure Conway and Myrtle Beach are gonna be in for a fun weekend.

Last edited by gamecock303

Couldn't watch much of game. Saw B9 on phone.

Key play that many casual fans may miss but probably not y'all. 1st and 3rd, 1 out. Sac Fly to CF. Instead making vain attempt to try to throw out runner at home. CF made sure runner on 1st stayed at first. Next batter got a 2B and runner at first base was only able to get to 3rd instead of scoring and tying the game.

PGStaff posted:

The year for C's!

Cleveland Cavaliers after 52 years!

Coastal Carolina Chanticleers first time ever!

Could this be the year....

Chicago Cubs?

vs the Cleveland Cuyahoga's.

"Champs clinch crucial game 7 clash with classic comeback"

"Carrasco  clutch as he carves up Cubs by chunking cheddar, curves and change ups.  Chisenhall hit for the cycle and crushed a clean double to clear the bases in the critical 9th.  Crafty closer Cody Allen put on a clinic with command of his cutter, then inducing a comebacker to clinch it for the Cuyahogas." 

Said Cleveland Captain FranCona... "we came to compete"

Too much?

Last edited by cabbagedad
ClevelandDad posted:
gamecock303 posted:

They aren't the most talented team in the world, but they just find a way to get the job done.

Classy.  No reason to say that.

That was in no way meant as an insult, in fact I meant it as a compliment.  I love watching teams that don't care whether they are supposed to win or how much "better" the other team is supposed to be, they just go out there and find a way to get the job done.  That Carolina team I referenced is by far my favorite baseball team I have ever watched.

As a matter of fact I believe coach Gilmore made a very similar statement in an interview after the game.

I am sorry if you took my statement the wrong way.

cabbagedad posted:

What a great series and congratulations to CCU.

On a separate note, what a blown opportunity to prop up college baseball a bit...  that finish during prime time surely would have created excitement across a much broader scope of viewers.

Thought for sure it would be on tonight.  Stinks that it wasn't!

ClevelandDad posted:
gamecock303 posted:

They aren't the most talented team in the world, but they just find a way to get the job done.

He is a gamecock, what do you expect!!!  He even got a dig in on Clemson!

I missed the game, had no clue it was on. Congratulations to the Chants!

I agree that both teams and college baseball deserved better than a noon weekday final game 3.  I suppose there is a rule somewhere the NCAA had to uphold. 

TPM posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
gamecock303 posted:

I agree that both teams and college baseball deserved better than a noon weekday final game 3.  I suppose there is a rule somewhere the NCAA had to uphold. 

The only thing I can think of is that this was the tentative scheduled time all along and flights are leaving tonight. I do know that this was the designated rain day. 

Matt13 posted:
TPM posted:
ClevelandDad posted:
gamecock303 posted:

The only thing I can think of is that this was the tentative scheduled time all along and flights are leaving tonight. I do know that this was the designated rain day. 

In the article, NCAA said it was weather related.  Didn't want the potential of evening rain to delay the game.

Since it's all about the student/athlete per Billy Jean King, it was the right call.  Get those kiddos to bed on time.

any idea if they will rebroadcast the game? we watched it live streaming via wifi on an iphone in a sports bar before a college visit. Not the best way to experience the game, but the sports bar did not have ESPNU available. Hoping we can see the game again on a bigger screen! GO CHANTS!!

chf_mom posted:

any idea if they will rebroadcast the game? we watched it live streaming via wifi on an iphone in a sports bar before a college visit. Not the best way to experience the game, but the sports bar did not have ESPNU available. Hoping we can see the game again on a bigger screen! GO CHANTS!!

It's available on the Watch ESPN app. Go to Sports, Baseball, scroll down to NCAA Baseball.

Last edited by RJM

Im a Pac 12 fan of course but really enjoyed seeing Coastal win. Learned about them when CD son went and have since watched them and kept track. Always liked the coach. Was happiest for him. Hes waited long time and worked hard and stayed put and did it the right way. 

I like Arizonas new coach too. 

Some great coaches wirh UCSB and TCU and Josh Holiday etc. Enjoyable to watch these coaches with these young men. 

Pay attention to this when recruited

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.