Skip to main content

My name is Sean Simard, the GM for the Capital City Reds. We're a summer collegiate team based in Ottawa Canada. We're saving a few roster spots for pitchers we may have overlooked and are still looking for 1 catcher. We're a travel team that plays all over New York State, Ontario, Quebec, and go to the World Series in Ohio. If you're looking for a place to play this summer and can compete at this level please send us a message. Visit our website, capitalcityreds.com or e-mail seansimard01@hotmail.com

Picked Off posted:

PO Jr off to his worst start in 3 years. Not sure what's going on, but hopeful things change. Arm feels great, velocity same, off speed pitches crisp, balls just finding holes. 

He told me to relax, it's early. I like his confidence, but it's hard for a dad to watch. 

One bad outing and with good reason from what I heard about the trip down

Never been a pitcher who didn't have those once in a while.  He'll be fine.

Last edited by cabbagedad
Who's on First? posted:

Not too bad the first two innings.  Third inning unraveled a bit and didn't make it out of the inning.  Good weekend though, going 3-1. 

Who's on First, you guys scare the heck out of me.  I have told folks I think you all are easily a top 10 team and that most folks have you all rated way to low.  

Son is good friends and has played in the past with your freshman third baseman and catcher.  Both are great players and great guys.  Good luck to your son and his teammates this spring.  Now if we end up in your regional again I will have to retract..ha

Ryan was the SWAC Pitcher of the Week!  Pretty cool. 

TWIN FALLS - College of Southern Idaho sophomore Ryan Beard pitched a gem last weekend against Northeastern Junior College, earning Scenic West Athletic Conference Pitcher of the Week accolades.
Beard was almost untouchable on the mound, pitching all seven innings in the Golden Eagles 9-0 win.
The left-hander finished the game, giving up just three hits and one walk with four strikeouts.
For the season, Beard holds a 1.76 ERA in 15.1 innings pitched and 1-1 record.

Son started a bit slow at his NAIA the first few series but really picked it up since.  What has been particularly fun is that they have played a few ranked opponents, including a very good D2, and he has tore it up against those teams but not so much against the others.  Not-so-fun... he, once again, leads the team in HBP (by a safe margin).

And here's another HSBBW networking story...

Son's school's basketball team is nationally ranked and won their conference.  They hosted the first round of the conference tourney Tuesday.  The basketball coach is also one of son's class instructors.  He put son in charge of "fan involvement" to make sure the student body was getting in the heads of the opponents (son used other words for the job description - I told him his mother would be so proud ).  Son knew who to call right away- last year's roommate and son of our esteemed PickedOff, who is all the way across the country.  PO's son has perfected the art.

The whole baseball team was in full force and the antics were very well received and very effective.  Today, the school's athletic website has the feature pic of the basketball team celebrating and running over to the baseball team in the stands to thank them for the big assist.

Thanks, son of PickedOff... you just put a little SF in WV and helped a basketball team across the country pick up a big W. 

Last edited by cabbagedad

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.