Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm just not there yet, and not sure when I'll get there.  Frankly I haven't read, seen, heard of anything to be excited about with my 2024 Boston Red Sox.  I'll most likely end up watching other teams to get my MLB fix.

When it comes to the Red Sox, I'm still in hibernation.  I'm kind of like Punxsutawney Phil, and I foresee the Red Sox sucking for quite a while.   Meanwhile golf, college baseball and tennis fill that time space nicely...especially golf.  Bottom line no MLB package this year.  T-Mobile was offering free MLB package in 2023, and I took them up on it.  Well, I'm hear to tell ya that you get exactly what you pay for.     

It’s too early in spring training to care. How a top prospect who might move into the lineup hits against a pitcher who won’t be in the majors doesn’t matter to me.

I’m not pleased with the BS the Red Sox are pulling. The NHL (Bruins have a shot), NBA (Celtics will be the favorite) and CWS will get me to mid June. Until then the only Sox game that will matter will be opening day. A friend rents a box. If the Sox suck (likely) at least there will be lobster and ribs. By mid June the Sox might be irrelevant.

I’m going with a range of 72-76 wins.

Last edited by RJM
@fenwaysouth posted:

Bottom line no MLB package this year.  T-Mobile was offering free MLB package in 2023, and I took them up on it.  Well, I'm hear to tell ya that you get exactly what you pay for.     

The baseball gods are toying with me.  I just got an email that T-Mobile is offering a free MLB package in 2024 to its customers.  Deja vu all over again. 

We were in the Fort Myers area so we went to a Red Sox game and sat right behind home plate. The game was a tight one. Teams were well matched.  Boston scored two in the 9th last on a wild pitch that runner came home on.

Saw Rafael Devers hit and Trevor Story turned a couple of nice plays. We loved the intimacy of the stadium and could not beat the cost. There were a few homers one over the green monster and I enjoyed looking up some of non rostered players to learn about their back story. By halfway through the game the lineup for both teams had completely changed.

Each team had two catchers behind the plate. One was 5'7.5". Since my son is average height I always find this of interest.

All in all an enjoyable experience. My only regret was not being able to watch actual spring training practice due to time constraints.

@TPM posted:

Sounds like my home...lol.

Magenta is there best plan. Tmobile has great perks.

Nothing is free. If T Mobile wasn’t “giving away” free MLB TV the cell service would cost less. What they’ve done is negotiated a bulk rate and passed on a smaller fee than individual purchase of MLB TV bundled into the cost of cell service.

@RJM posted:

Nothing is free. If T Mobile wasn’t “giving away” free MLB TV the cell service would cost less. What they’ve done is negotiated a bulk rate and passed on a smaller fee than individual purchase of MLB TV bundled into the cost of cell service.

My cell service with 3 devices and  unlimited is so much more cheaper than I had with AT&T. Xfinity which supplies my internet at home can't give me a better deal on phones.

BTW I didn't mention free. I said that they had great perks.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.