Skip to main content

It was the most extraordinary thing I have ever seen.

One team was from Texas, the other team flew their kids in from Florida.

Both teams held try outs last fall and apparently sparked a LOT of interest.

They do have a few "cream of the crop" type players - but 3 MLB scouts at this age? What are they thinking???
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My son's 6 and under AAU t-ball team will play in about 55 games this year counting tournaments and regular season. It's not unusual for there to be several scouts in attendance at these tournaments. Only the best t-ball players compete in this ultra exclusive league. One kid who plays shortstop was clocked on radar(stalker) at 68 mph on a throw to first. The skill level of these young men is amazing. One player has not struck out in his last 155 at bats.
quote:
Originally posted by rdfrazier:
My son's 6 and under AAU t-ball team will play in about 55 games this year counting tournaments and regular season. It's not unusual for there to be several scouts in attendance at these tournaments. Only the best t-ball players compete in this ultra exclusive league. One kid who plays shortstop was clocked on radar(stalker) at 68 mph on a throw to first. The skill level of these young men is amazing. One player has not struck out in his last 155 at bats.

Heck, over herr in mississippi we seen one 7 yr old (that's right "seen" one) sign wit dem der San Francisco Giants out dare in dem Beverly Hills. He got a free 3-wheeler for his signing bonus! biglaugh

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.