Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yes, my son is a senior at Buckhorn this year. We've played against teams your son has been on for years. My son missed last season with elbow stress fracture, but he is looking pretty strong this year. I think I saw y'all would be at Gulf Shores on spring break, too. I don't think the weather is going to hold out here. I'm hoping groundhog doesn't see his shadow next week. See y'all at the ballfield soon. I've got my blankets in my trunk already.
Well, it finally got here and we still haven't played because of all this cold weather and ice. We are scheduled to play today at 4:00 at Bob Jones. Josh was scheduled to pitch last night's game against Florence. I don't know yet if they will keep the same game for the pitchers, but guess I'll find out tonight. We're expecting a heat wave of 52 on Friday, so that would be a good day as far as I am concerned. After missing last year with his injury, I'm sure looking forward to being able to cheer him on this year. It is almost hard to believe that this is the last "first" game of the high school pre-season tournaments. Time sure has flown by.
We beat Bob Jones 7-6. Josh went in in the 5th and got the win. The way Josh explained it to me last night, I thought he had gotten the save, but the paper this morning reported it as a win. I don't know how all those details work. Unfortunately, I was not able to leave work early and go. I'm saving my time for the regular season. We play Plainview this afternoon at Bob Jones, but that is all I know right now. I saw where Grissom beat Madison Academy 7-6. That is all that was in the paper so I don't know if anyone else played. I will tell Dawn and KC when I see them. See y'all soon.
Good Lord, Wayne. You either work the night shift or have insomnia for a 3:39 A.M. post. I haven't seen that time on the clock in a long time. I'm glad y'all beat Bob Jones last night. I heard our bats were hot at yesterday's game against Plainview. We play Huntsville this afternoon and I'm going to try and go, but we have a trial Monday so I may not get to leave early enough. I would like to see Hazel Green and Buckhorn take a notch out of the other two teams' belts in our region this year. See you soon.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.