Skip to main content

Rockwall .......2 3 0
Newman Smith ...0 2 1

WP-Tim Parish 7ip 0r 2h 12k
LP-Tyler Mapes 7ip 2r (1er) 3h 6k

2B-Rock-JD DeLoach (GWRBI), NS: Higgins
Higgins had both hits for NS out of the 9-hole.

Well played game. Fast moving. The game was done in 1hr 20min.

I'm sure the few do not exemplify the team, but I'm disappointed in some NS players sportsmanship. I only know Mapes who is all class. Too bad others on the team are classless. There was another young man who apologized for the behavior of his teammate.

.rockdad
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Richardson @ Lake Highlands

Game called in the bottom of the 14th with one out due to weather. Game will be resumed at some point to be determined. Tied at 3-3.

Weaver for RHS was great, with the exception of an errant throw on a bunt that LH scored 2 on and the bunter went on to 3rd (scored on a base hit later that inning). Weaver went into the 9th (I think) and was relieved by Schneider who came in with the bases loaded no outs in the 9th and got out of the jam. Schneider did not give up a hit in the 5+ innings he pitched.

Luther for LH was solid and after a rocky start giving up 3 in the top of the 1st, did not allow a runner (maybe 1) to get to 3rd base the rest of the game. He threw 125 pitches through the 10th and the kid that replaced him did a nice job too.

I am not sure where either of these teams will shake out when the dust settles at seasons end, but this was one of the most fun games I have seen in a long time...they should award a tie in circumstances like this...too many great plays and too much heart put into the game for someone to have to take an "L".

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.