Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Agreed, could be any number of reasons, and these are just the "top" transfers, not all of them.  I do believe that many would fall under the category of playing time however.

I can only speak to my observations the last few years in the ACCAC (AZ JUCO Conference).  Of the kids who don't fallout due to grades or other personal reasons, and play both years, the vast majority move on to 4 year schools.  They follow a pretty standard bell curve into all levels from being drafted to D3/NAIA.

I don't think that this really is something to worry about. Programs still need experienced players, most freshman do not play asap, takes time to get into the groove.  The D1 year experience can  help JUCO programs

But if I were a walk on, then I would worry.

Last edited by TPM

If a player chooses the wrong school/ program and intends to turn pro 4-2-4 is the way to go. He doesn't sit out a year. If he gives the first program a second year then transfers he's sitting out what should be his draft year. Then again, with most D1 Power Five and other competitive programs the players all think they're turning pro. Many are wrong.

One thing players/parents need to realize is that you have to get something for your efforts and time. Be it college or pro....  ....everyone is not going pro...and most that do are not going to make a living at it. 

So in you decision making process go where you are getting something for your future.  It might be playing at a Juco on a full ride...then going on to another school. It might be going to a top twenty D1 .... or maybe its a D2 or D3....

But if you go where you are wanted, needed and can help the program in turn it will help you to.  IF you can ( I know there are many factors) go where you can play and be a big part... I recommend never walking on , never being a roster-filler.....

If you stretch yourself to walk on to a D1 then the odds are against you... it sounds great while in high school to say I signed at Big U ... but once you are there you better produce... walking on at a school or not being highly recruited should tell you that you need to re-valute

One D1 coach told 2014 once in  a meeting, "do you want to be on my mound looking in their dugout, or in their dugout watching my player pitch"

Its always a better feeling to be playing  at your level and getting an education than gambling on making the dream school team ...

The majority of players need to focus on getting an education..... anywhere as economical as you can.  Set yourself up for success... "bloom where you are planted" if you will

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.