Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Wf Rider 9 10 2
Lamar 0 5 4

Ugly game!!!

Lamar 3 5 3
SL Carroll 4 4 2

Great game by both teams. Lamar left the go ahead runs on the bags in the top half of the 7th. Most encouraging game of the weekend for Lamar. Southlake used 3 senior pitchers. Lamar countered with a junior righty and a sophomore lefty who is getting better each outing and will hopefully help next year and beyond.
quote:
Originally posted by cheapseats:
Charger Dad - I agree, great kid.

His dad should make a deal with him that for every home run he hits he gets a week off of mowing the acreage and feeding the horses. With that deal he should be sleeping in on Saturday mornings for the next few weeks. Smile

Ha... He has 4200 feet of fence to paint this summer. I wouldn't want to deprive him from all the whining and bitching I'm gonna hear...
Good point, madmacks. I was at the PESH and Northwest game and the wind was blowing straight out to left. Reading some of these other posts, it sounds like it was blowing out on several area fields, on Thursday and Friday especially.

IMO, two of the six in that game go out anyway. The others were probably doubles/triples that got some help.

It was also pushing infield pop ups into Texas leaguer hits.

It also pushed some sure foul balls out of play into fair balls that were caught.

It happens here on the plains this time of year.

It still takes a good poke to get them out, wind or no wind.
Last edited by tychco
quote:
Originally posted by madmacks:
Not taking anything away from these great performances at the plate, but I would like to know how many bombs went out this past weekend at Mansfield? I know of 6 in our first game alone...(PESH vs Justin NW). The wind was a beast!!!

Of course I didn't see all the games but the majority of the HR's I saw would have been out at any ballfield.

Example: all of Cody Devig's HR's went to right and right center into a cross wind.

One of Mansfield's HR's almost hit one of the houses across the street.

My son hit two against Plano East and the first one got help but the last one no.

I'm positive some of the HR's would not have gone out under normal wind conditions but as Tycho said, you still have to hit em.
quote:
OK, so I may have missed a few, but I went back and see that there were at least 21 home runs hit at Mansfield during the 3 days....WOW!!! And funny thing is, the other half of the tournament was played at Arlington Martin and it faces the opposite as Mansfield so the same strong wind was blowing straight in from right field.

Since you checked I'm sure that you found out that 5 players hit over half of the HR's. The wind had no effect on the majority of them.

I am not arguing about the wind. Sometimes it helps and some times it hinders. At Martin all you have to do is hit it to left center and the wind carries it out to left. All 3 of Cody Devigs HR's would have gone out at Martin dead into the wind.
Maverick,

OK, so we can agree to disagree. For you to say "The wind had no effect on the majority of them" is crazy. I would say just the opposite as the wind had a tremendous effect on the majority of them. Of the 7 hit in our first game, I would only know of one (it actually DID come to rest in front of the white house over left field fence) to be out on any given day...the rest would either be off the wall or pop-ups. Of course, I too did not see all the games and anything that went over right center or straight right would have gone out on any given day as well (my hats off to those that managed this). Again, I repeat, not to take anything away from the kids....you gotta hit it for it to go out anywhere...and a lot fo them hit the ball solid.
Do you guys ever step back and look at the arguments that develop here? Maybe I should call them time-wasting "debates". Cool The funny thing about this one is that those involved are several of the site's worthwhile contributors.

Let's give the kids credit for the home runs and not worry about the involvement of phyiscs or mother nature.....although both play a role in every game. At least there's little or no argument about whether the power was "natural".
quote:
Maverick,

OK, so we can agree to disagree. For you to say "The wind had no effect on the majority of them" is crazy. I would say just the opposite as the wind had a tremendous effect on the majority of them. Of the 7 hit in our first game, I would only know of one (it actually DID come to rest in front of the white house over left field fence) to be out on any given day...the rest would either be off the wall or pop-ups. Of course, I too did not see all the games and anything that went over right center or straight right would have gone out on any given day as well (my hats off to those that managed this). Again, I repeat, not to take anything away from the kids....you gotta hit it for it to go out anywhere...and a lot fo them hit the ball solid.

Wonder how many would have gone out at Plano East over that 3 day period since the field is much shorter and wind blowing in the same direction. Like I said in my earlier post, if there were 21 HR's during the tournament 3 individuals hit 12 of them. Only one of those 12 was helped by the wind. We play in Texas, sometimes the wind blows in sometimes it blows out.
quote:
Originally posted by Panther Dad:
Do you guys ever step back and look at the arguments that develop here? Maybe I should call them time-wasting "debates". Cool The funny thing about this one is that those involved are several of the site's worthwhile contributors.

Let's give the kids credit for the home runs and not worry about the involvement of phyiscs or mother nature.....although both play a role in every game. At least there's little or no argument about whether the power was "natural".

Leave it to PD to make sense... AS usual...
Is it ever possible to make a comment on this site and people NOT take it out of context? GEEEEEESE, Strong Wind, Lots Of Long Balls...End Of Story. You would have thought I sat here and made rude comment after rude comment about Mansfield! People need to lighten up and read it for what it's worth (thanks Tychco).

PD,
Just for the record, I always gave the kids credit and never, ever spoke negative about their abilities in any of these posts. The only argument seems to come from someone who feels like their home field was ripped apart. I just made a d*** statement that the wind was strong and an unusual amount of homeruns were hit....at least "Tychco" understood what I initially said (not sure that holds much water though...LOL).

Maverick,

Just so you know....Every single one of the homeruns hit in Mansfield would have went out at East too...plus an additional few that fell short in Mansfield may have made it as well (there is that 8ft difference). But maybe not after this year as we are working to replace the entire fence and maybe create our own "GREEN MONSTER" in left.
OK, so I didn't say WOULD but I sure said MAYBE a lot......I'm going to bed!!!!!
madmacks -- there is an unnecessary argument here -- that's all. I'm not saying you're a bad guy. Smile There are several types of site visitors -- those that come to look for new information, etc....and those that come to watch the daily train wreck. I like your posts, particularly because they're PRO Plano East! YES! I have to confess that I did not analyze each line of each post on this thread....I'm too old for that....I just perceived it to be a non-sensical discussion. I'm not shutting it down, maybe people like it. I did not think you were slamming Mansfield in any way. I did not think Mav was slamming the Plano East complex. I'll take a wind-blown HR over a flyout any day of the week -- I know you would as well. Oops, I take that back -- I'm a pitcher's dad now! It's all good. Cool

Go Tigers! (not necessarily Mansfield)
Go Panthers!
Last edited by Panther Dad
I know this is not the right place for this post, but I felt a strong need to pass this on to Maverick, PD, collikar, tychco and the rest of you. I received this from a friend today who is ill and it fits perfectly this rainy Friday:

Mayonnaise Jar & Two Beers...

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 Beers.

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was. The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls..
He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was. The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous 'yes.' The professor then produced two Beers from under the table and
poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed..'Now,' said the professor as the laughter subsided, 'I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things---your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions---and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car. The sand is, well,---the small stuff. 'If you put the sand into the jar first,' he continued, 'there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life.
If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Spend time with your children.
Spend time with your parents.
Visit with grandparents.
Take time to get medical checkups.
Take your spouse out to dinner.
Play another 18.

There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first---the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the Beer represented. The professor smiled and said, 'I'm glad you asked.' The Beer just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of Beers with a friend.

Feel free to share this with those you care about. I JUST DID!

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS...
....IT'S LEARNING HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN !

quote:
Originally posted by bball71tx:
Please, show some class you two, I am a scotch drinker, single malt, expensive kind, preferably.
quote:
Originally posted by tychco:
If he finds out, I won't have it long...

Ha... you'd drink rubbing alcohol if it was the only thing available....

Glad the kids had fun in Lubbock. Hope no one got frostbite. Saw that Bo pitched very well (as usual).

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.