Skip to main content

I started the season with a goal of covering a game involving every team in the Eastern Region. With one day left in the regular season, I've seen 37 of the 39 ER teams. The final two teams to complete my list are Kempsville and Ocean Lakes and fortunately the game will have playoff implications.

It's been a fun season and I cant wait for the playoffs to start on Tuesday.

VirginiaPreps.Com

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have a Bakers Dozen article I post every Monday on Virginiapreps. I plan on ranking all 39 teams (1-39) next week.

Nansemond River was the most talented team I watch this year and Kellam is a close second. Western Branch really surprised me as I did not have them as one of my top teams before the season but as one parent told me they always reload. Hickory, Great Bridge, and First Colonial have alternated in my weekly Bakers Dozen rankings.
Last edited by wgarlick
They've done a great job at WB of linking up with the youth programs and have built an interesting model in the WB Academy. They've also had some outstanding youth coaches that are at least HS caliber developing talent. I coached against Rutherford, McPherson and others and that was a real deal squad. That group will keep them at or near the top for the next 2-3 years. As long as that's working the way it is now they will continue to have a very big pipeline feeding the HS team.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.