Skip to main content

A kid on our 14U team hit 2 home runs over 400' (they were measured after but I can not remember the exact feet I believe like 415' os so). I have been in travel ball a few years and never seen a kid who hits with such power. He is around 6' I would say 170-180lbs very athletic (he is starting varsity QB on football team as sophomore). Wondered from all you who have seen more then I how that measures up, one was in a tournament and the staff there said the was the farthest home run they had ever seen hit and thet had been around for a while. Just wondering and I am talking legit(measured not looked really far) --Not my kid by the way mines a line drive and contact hitter. .
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

In my opinion, that's pretty darn good power, but I have no idea how extraordinary it may be. I've seen some young kids with pretty big time power, so I would think that it's not all that unbelievable for a sophomore in high school to really get into one and hit it that far (also assuming they measured to where it landed, not where it rolled to, and I would also assume it was their best guess as to where it landed, as I'm sure they weren't standing way out there when it landed).

My question is this....it seems very unusual to me for a high sophomore to be playing 14U, but maybe I'm wrong.
It hit on the infield of a field across from us one time-(it was a good thing it was vacant)--the other was marked by a guy in centerfield----They were no doubt--for sure--I personaly along with everyone there was amazed--he has always had great power but these 2 shots were amazing. At 12 in Copperstown he hit several home runs in the HR derby that went over the walkway on the hill, which staff there said were the farthest they had seen(he didnt hit the most so he didn't win)
46, we've got a 15 yr. old freshman that can flat out hit as well. Never actually measured the length of one of his HR's, but I'll give a few examples. Dead center field on our HS field is 400'. He hit one out about 20 ft. to the right field side this year. He is a RHB, so this was an oposite field shot. Last year, as a 14 yr. old, he hit one out of a HS field, about 15 ft. over the 375' sign in left center.

He's a big kid as well. About 6'1", 180lbs or so. He can surely hit the stink out of the ball.
quote:
Originally posted by bballman:
46, we've got a 15 yr. old freshman that can flat out hit as well. Never actually measured the length of one of his HR's, but I'll give a few examples. Dead center field on our HS field is 400'. He hit one out about 20 ft. to the right field side this year. He is a RHB, so this was an oposite field shot. Last year, as a 14 yr. old, he hit one out of a HS field, about 15 ft. over the 375' sign in left center.

He's a big kid as well. About 6'1", 180lbs or so. He can surely hit the stink out of the ball.

What school are you at and what is the kids name?
At 131/2 my son could occasionally hit one almost that far. I recall one nearly 370'

At 14 he might reach 400' this season and it wouldn't surprise me. He's built a lot like the kid you describe.

But in reality, he's not a home run hitter, he just happens to be strong and hits the ball hard.

As they say, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time".
quote:
Originally posted by Baseball Dad 46:
A kid on our 14U team hit 2 home runs over 400' (they were measured after but I can not remember the exact feet I believe like 415' os so). I have been in travel ball a few years and never seen a kid who hits with such power. He is around 6' I would say 170-180lbs very athletic (he is starting varsity QB on football team as sophomore). Wondered from all you who have seen more then I how that measures up, one was in a tournament and the staff there said the was the farthest home run they had ever seen hit and thet had been around for a while. Just wondering and I am talking legit(measured not looked really far) --Not my kid by the way mines a line drive and contact hitter. .

quote:
BD46 this is your kid you're talking about isn't it?

I would have to assume not.
Last edited by tfox

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.