Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

They will all be signed Prior to the arbitration. Hendry is not stupid.......but unfortunately you can't be sure that his superiors (in name only) are putting their influence into the situation. I guess they can take the easy way out and overpay them like the Sox did Crede.

A few of these guys may end up with 3 or more year deals either now or before the season starts.
Crede made his money because of last fall. He earned a decent contract by helping the Sox win a World Series. Although he's an average player at best. Not saying he's another Gary Scott, but he's not going to be an all star either. The real question is who will have more seats sold in April? The whole Sox stadium vs just the bleacher seats at Wrigley. I think the Cubs will have more attendence just from the bleachers than the Sox will have in the whole ball park.
It has nothing to do with being proud of the attendence. I just find it funny how so called White Sox fans think they are fans, and some of them can't even support their team at the gate. Cubs have more fans at away games than the Sox have at home games. Yes, the Sox won the World Series and that's great. It's about time they did something. The best team they ever had threw the World Series for peak sake. The Cubs are also way over do. Maybe someday, but atleast they support their team. Remember I've mentioned many times on this site all the Cubs shortcomings as well. I'm just being objective. The Sox winning the World Series is and was a great thing for Chicago. If the Cubs could ever win it all, then Chicago would've a real party.
Grand...Attendance is all that the Cub fans can talk about.

Attendance bolstered by the Tribune and WGN baptizing WF as a "tourist destination" for Chicago visitors.

How soon you Cub fans forget the days when they were lucky to have 4-5,000 in the stands.....one thing in common with that attendance...they didn't win with 5,000 fans in the stands and now they don't win with 38,000 in the stands.

Go White Sox!
The days when the Cubs had attendence as poor as the Sox was way back when. Let's face it. Both teams have a bad record of having success throughout their history. The Cubs had a great 2003 and came very close. The White Sox won it all in 2005. Hopefully both teams can get some consistency and have more than a good season ever now and again. The White Sox look to be trying to accomplish that. Williams and Guillen have put the Sox on the map!
FBDad...my point exactly.

Imo, you are NOT a Sox fan.

If you truly believe you are a Sox fan, that is where the "delusional" came from.

Btw, you add a lot to the board and I enjoy the back and forth. My post was in jest...a play on words and I'm willing to stamp you as "moderate" from this day forward!

However, please don't claim to be a Sox fan. Any review of your post compilation would reveal a latent Sox hater. Lets tell it like it is.
I had to jump into this thread after reading a few of these posts. Let me first say the Cubs and the Sox will both be better than the Diamondbacks this year. Though the Diamondbacks have a World Championship, and now so do the Sox. For all you Cub fans maybe someday. It happened for the Red Sox and White Sox the last two years. There's always hope, or what do Cub fans always say? Wait until next year.
The word around town in Arizona is that the reason Bob Brenly took the job as an announcer for the Cubs was very simply. He wants to eventually manage again, and Chicago's his number one option. If the Cubs get off to a slow start this year Baker could be gone. For you Cub fans Brenly did what I think was a very quality job for the D'backs. He probably has shown off his world championship ring all around Wrigley already.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.