Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Villanova is in the Big East. That separates them from the rest. The wind usually blows in from left at Nova's field. I've heard the coach likes fast lefty hitters. St Joe's has a new coach as of last year who is considered in coaching circles to be an up and comer. They're getting a new field next to the campus. Until them they're playing at a fairly new minor league stadium (See Riversharks). LaSalle plays on turf if that's an issue. It's a short drive to right (350) and a par two to center (450). Villanova is typically a low qualifier for the BEC playoff. The other three A10 schools have been down for a few years. You didn't ask about the 5th school, Penn.
Last edited by RJM
The Episcopal Academy high school grades (Gerald Henderson and Wayne Ellington if you follow basketball) used to be very near Saint Joe's. They consolidated the entire school at a new location. Saint Joe's purchased the high school campus. The last I heard over the summer is Saint Joe's is dealing with NIMBY in terms of getting the facility built.
Last edited by RJM
Recently visited LaSalle, and I was surprised how insulated the campus feels from the urban surroundings. Turf field is nice, but the short porch is in left with a 30 foot fence. Coach told me the prevailing wind in the Spring comes in from left which frustates right-handed power hitters trying to jerk balls out to left.
quote:
Originally posted by RJM:
The Episcopal Academy high school grades (Gerald Henderson and Wayne Ellington if you follow basketball) used to be very near Saint Joe's. They consolidated the entire school at a new location. Saint Joe's purchased the high school campus. The last I heard over the summer is Saint Joe's is dealing with NIMBY in terms of getting the facility built.

St. Joe's legal battle with the neighbors was settled yesterday. Construction of new facility will move forward, however, concessions were made related to night games, limited PA system use (i.e. probably no head banging music between innings), etc. Lawyers get paid handsomely!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.