Skip to main content

a few weeks ago my son and I drove to Georgetown for a scout day with 5 star and sponsored by Action Baseball. The day was a nice day though the "confirmed scouts" were not anywhere near what was stated on the web site. The morning skill work was relatively well done with the excpetion of the radar gun not having good batteries for the first 20 mins or so.

When it came time for the afternoon games that were supposed to go to 6pm the boys were told we would only play one 10-15 inning game which i guess is ok. However, the skies opened up and the rains fell, hard! wash out.

My son paid the $150 out of his hard earned money to attend this as he should. He politely asked if there would be any refund and the gentleman told him they would advise the players after they spoke on the amount of the refund. No call or email came and no one responded to my emails for days. I finally went to their site and found another email to try and get an answer. Finally, someone got back to me and said "sorry, no refund". I wasn't overly happy but it is what it is. I then asked for my sons 60, OF velocities and such from the workout. The person told me they would ask someone and email them to me. Guess what? After several continued attempts, I still haven't received them or even a response.

So to 5 Star and Action, thumbs down. You handled this poorly. I'll stick with PG and the college workouts and so should everyone else. Lesson learned.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

With so many programs out there I'm glad to see somebody share what they received (or didn't receive sounds like) for how much money. I'm new to all of this and feel like there are so many scams it's hard to advise my son. He's about to go to one of these showcases that's going to cost $1500 without transportation and my gut is telling me it's not worth all that at this point.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.