Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Loudoun Valley 2, Woodgrove 0

- Sr RHP Will Reed with yet another gem (he should be Dulles District player of year..and he ain't my son, FWIW )...his 3rd straight CG shutout, 82 pitches

- Valley records its 7th consecutive shutout as a team

- Extremely well played and pitched game; just good quality HS baseball well worth the price of admission

BucsFan Why Has JB pitched only 4 innings since he announced he was not going pro? And then let's up his only runs of the season in those 4 innings. Then SB never pitches him again in the playoffs to include last nights come from behind win for the conference championship. Even if he pitched last night regionals don't start until next week it wasn't that he is resting for the next round. SB is not getting younger arms ready because their other D1 pitcher was dismissed. Clearly there is something else going on?

My goodness I don't want to talk to the family I really don't give flying flip The kid was the most talked about player in NOVA this year and has all but disappeared. Just curious as to why. Thought maybe all you so called experts could shed some light. But as in all high sports sites even remotely trying to see what may be up and yes wondering if something negative has happened to a kid projected for a 7 figure signing bonus if he chose that path is sacrilegious to  guys with your profile. It doesn't strike you as odd that he hasn't pitched and why is there something wrong to inquire?

He is such a special kid and talent, we should all be cheering for his success, so fair question.  But, he hasn't disappeared!! For cryin' out loud, he had the GW hit last night to win the Conf Championship game.   JB is fine, and that is a fact.  There's no story here.  Fair to ask, though.  Not that I would know.....but probably just resting his arm after having thrown so much in and outdoors for all those scouts the last several months.  Keep in mind there was a lot of scrambling and "catch up" being played by all of the scouts as JB (a) accelerated his graduation by a year, (b) took the Fall off to workout and gain weight and (c) ratcheted up his already otherworldly (for his age) velo.  So many of them hadn't seen him throw or at least not in a while.  They were coming by in droves.  All is well in JB-land, and Coach Plank is fully supportive of how the family  wants his workload handled.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.