Skip to main content

What happens if....?

West loses to Wylie
Plano loses to Jesuit
Wylie beats West and loses to Allen
Allen loses to East and beats Wylie
East beats Allen and Boyd

There would be 5 teams tied at 7-5. Best overall records counting games played between the five teams:

East (6-2)
Wylie (4-4)
Plano (4-4)
Allen (3-5)
West (3-5)

Let's all hope for this mess! Cool
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

8-4A is almost as crazy

Stephenville 9-4
Granbury 9-4
Arlington Seguin 8-5
Crowley 8-5
Joshua 8-5

Joshua @ Seguin 4/24
Stephenville @ Crowley 4/24
Everman @ Granbury 4/24

So if Everman upsets Granbury and Crowley beats Stephenville and whomever wins between Joshua and Seguin you have a 4 way tie for first at 9-5..... absolutely nuts but its kinda fun. I think Granbury wins so they will get a share of the district title but strange doings in 8-4A
quote:
Originally posted by cougarbaseball:
BG, Thanks for that. I will pass on to Sugarlips the well wishes. He is on the hill tonight and I am hoping for a game like he threw back when we were in Liberty Missouri....

Goldberg is on the mound against Keller Central tonight...Ill tell you what I tell him before every start..KEEP THE BALL DOWN...DON'T BE AFRAID TO THROW HARD INSIDE....AND ENJOY LIKE IT LIKE YOUR FIRST KISS! HEE HEE Wink

GOOD LUCK!
What's the topic??? Cool

PW clinched a share of the district title, beating Wylie tonight. East keeps their hope alive with a win over Allen.

PW 8-4
Plano 7-4 (Jesuit)
Wylie 6-5 (Allen)
Allen 6-5 (Wylie)
East 6-5 (Boyd)

PW in -- Winner of Wylie/Allen in -- Plano in, can clinch #1 seed with a win due to sweep of West -- East in with a win next Friday or an Allen loss. East and Wylie losses result in play-in game for 4th place. Jesuit and Boyd will have a say. Interesting season.

Go Panthers!
Last edited by Panther Dad
PD,

Does that mean if the Boston Red Sox lose to the Washington Nationals that they should be excluded from any consideration for the World Series? I think PW has proven they can beat very good teams (Coppell twice etc) and lose to some bad teams. Having playoff experience/talent is definitely a plus for PW. PE has momentum and should continue on into the playoffs and congrats to Plano for making the playoffs. Hopefully all 8-5A teams do well.
According to the DMN, Wylie rose to 1st in 8-5A three weeks ago after defeating Plano, but lost their last 4 games to get knocked from playoff contention. Plano East rose from the dead as they turned their season around and made the playoffs defeating PW twice. This district was so tight this year its unbelievable.

"In the end, baseball is a man maker"
-- Al Spaulding
Last edited by Baseball Legend

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.