Skip to main content

In my humble opinion, 9-4A will go 2-1 in this weekends playoffs.
Mckinney North will have a tough time with Poteet but will prevail. I think Hebron will have an easy time with Paris. And I think Lake Dallas will be swept by Highland Park easily.
I've also been told that there is some upset players and parents on the Lake Dallas squad because of the way their head coach handled their sweep of Thomas Jefferson.
In routing them 21-1 in two games, the coach did not let anyone except the starters get any playing time with the exception of one freshman shortstop called up for the playoffs. He played in the second game at short a couple of innings and was allowed to bat while players who had been there all year did not step on the field.
It's my understanding that this did not sit well with those players, their parents and even some of the upperclassman starters. I guess some coaches are hard to figure out.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The Coaches have gotten ahold of the situation I was told tonight.

This kid they brought up as a Freshman? Well, I've known him all his life, even coached him a couple of years when he was young (and didn't ruin him Big Grin ), well, he's the real deal. The ones complaining better be thankful they didn't bring him up earlier in the season.

You have a stud pitcher like Jerico and you never give him any run support, then you complain when you finally start scoring runs????????

Give me a break.
quote:
In routing them 21-1 in two games, the coach did not let anyone except the starters get any playing time with the exception of one freshman shortstop called up for the playoffs. He played in the second game at short a couple of innings and was allowed to bat while players who had been there all year did not step on the field.

In the playoffs, complaining about playing time and the way the coach is treating players?

Amazing. This is probably the first time that has ever happened!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.