Skip to main content

MAN CALLS 911 AFTER BURGER KING© RUNS OUT OF LEMONADE

By ANDREW MARRA and STEVEN BERGER
Palm Beach Post Staff Writers
Saturday, February 07, 2009

BOYNTON BEACH — A man was charged with misusing 911 today for a midnight complaint that a Boynton Beach Burger King© had run out of lemonade, police say.

Jean Fortune, 66, dialed 911 and told dispatchers he was "unhappy with his order" at the Burger King© at 1521 W. Boynton Beach Blvd., according to an arrest report.

When a Boynton Beach police officer arrived, the cashier told him she had informed Fortune at the drive-thru that the store no longer served lemonade. He became angry when he picked up his order at the window and threatened to call police.

The cashier told him to "Go ahead."

The officer noted in his report that Fortune could not explain why he resorted to calling 911 for a "civil dilemma."

He was issued a notice to appear in court.

Wow! Thank goodness that officer showed up when he did. I was just about ready to call 911 as well. My "civil dilemma" was a tomato on my Whopper© being 'not red enough'.

The lack of redness wasn't worth going to court. Instead I grabbed a stack of Customer Comment cards and filled them out.

If the tomato on your Whopper© is perfectly red you can grab a Customer Comment card yourself and thank me.

Last edited {1}
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.