Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Funny, I last posted in this forum a year ago on this same subject, since then my son signed with Yavapai for 2009. Had verbal offers from UNLV, SDSU and USD but no one followed up with the money except Yavapai. Were excited, far enough from Phx to have the kid grow up on his own, close enough to see every game......has the grades to play D-1, just needs to put on some weight and develop with 200 wood bat at bats..
'08 NJCAA Preseason Poll:

1 Central Arizona College Coolidge, AZ
2 Grayson County College Denison, TX
3 Chipola College Marianna, FL
4 College of Southern Nevada Henderson, NV
5 Iowa Western Community College Council Bluffs, IA
6 Young Harris College Young Harris, GA
7 Connors State College Warner, OK
8 San Jacinto College-North Houston, TX
9 Walters State Community College Morristown, TN
10 Cowley County Community College Arkansas City, KS
11 Wallace State Community College-Hanceville Hanceville, AL
12 Spartanburg Methodist College Spartanburg, SC
13 Miami-Dade College Miami, FL
14 New Mexico Junior College Hobbs, NM
15 John A. Logan College Carterville, IL
16 Butler Community College - Kansas El Dorado, KS
17 Jefferson College Hillsboro, MO
18 Navarro College Corsicana, TX
19 Western Nevada College Carson City, NV
20 St. Petersburg College St. Petersburg, FL

27 Yavapai College Prescott, AZ
Diamond Dog,

I'll go to watch your son when I can! I am in Prescott.

My son played at Yavapai last year and we had a great time watching him and so many other kids from the Phoenix area who we've gotten to know over the years since Junior Olympics (seems so long ago!)

I haven't made it over to Yavapai yet this spring but hope to go on Saturday.

Anyone in Tucson on here? My son has transferred there. We'll go when we can, but won't be near the frequency of last year when he was playing 10 minutes from our house!
KT, I just checked out the U of A website and I think I figured out who your son was. A VERY good player indeed. My son,Chris has started 2nd or SS at Arcadia since his freshmen season in 2005 and we have played against you guys every year I believe. One year in the snow I remember. He was also an AZ Pilot and an AZ Angel the past 3 years.
Chris is in the same boat, hoping to go to Yavapai one year (has good GPA) and move on, U of A has followed him pretty closely but I think SDSU or UNLV are his favorites.
We will enjoy whatever comes our way!!
DD
Diamond Dog,

I was thinking it was a game against Arcadia when my son (think it was senior year) was credited with two HR's, but one of which was clearly a bounce over. I was even yelling at the umpire about that one.

To this day when we see that umpire around town, my son heads the other direction. He was SOOO embarrassed by that!

Some of our summer league coaches have been Boys of Summer, Baseball Academy and Peaks.

I am sure we must have crossed paths! Nice to meet you.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.