Skip to main content

Landstown 9 Tallwood 7 (9 innings)

The Eagles were fortunate to escape with a victory against a very energetic Lions ballclub.

Landstown found themselves leading on several occasions, but Tallwood would keep fighting back.

Taylor Topping (Tallwood) had a couple hits that I know of.

Cameron Butler had 3 hits; 2 HR's and 4 rbi's. Robert Perkins and Raymond Mance had a couple hits apiece.

Colton Langejahns picked up the win with two shutout innings in relief. Starter (Freshman Michael Curry) pitched five solid innings.

Next game: Tuesday vs Princess Anne
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by FieldBuilder:
The LT and PA game will have to wait until next Friday.

Tuesday, April 22
Bye Bayside
Kempsville at Ocean Lakes
Cox at Green Run
Landstown at Kellam
Tallwood at Salem
First Colonial at Princess Anne

Friday, April 25
Bye Kempsville
Bayside at Cox
Ocean Lakes at Kellam
Salem at Green Run
Princess Anne at Landstown
First Colonial at Tallwood

FB,

I stand corrected; thank you.... and for posting
the remaining schedules.
quote:
Originally posted by wgarlick:
Is that 4 wins in a row for Landstown? Who are their top hitters and what grade are they in?

Yes, opened the season 3-0 then after the break dropped a 3-2 game in extra to Bayside. Every game will be tough, but next week the Eagles will face Kellam and PA respectivelly.

Landstown is a pitching and defensive (when on) team first with good overall team speed. If you have not been to Landstown wgarlick; the field is a symmetrical high school field:
Lines-320 Power-alleys 358 and center at 380 with a 10x15-20 batters eye screen.

Cameron Butler C/P: Senior Hits for high-average with some pop(4 HR)
Raymond Mance SS: Senior streaky-hitter; has a HR
Kyle Lawhorn P/2b/SS: Junior contact-hitter (bat stays in the zone long) that will occasionally find a gap; draws alot of BB's
Robert Perkins 3B/Utility: Junior punch-hitter and very quick; has a HR this year.
Cameron Day OF/DH: Sophmore hits the ball hard and starting to learn how to drive the ball deep;1HR

... other player have contributed in various games coming through with clutch hits such as: Juniors Julious Scott, Colton Langejans and Mike Fedunewiecz
(CF that can cover alot of ground and make those web gems)

A magor setback to the team was the lost of Freshman
Scott Hurrell; the kid can hit with some pop. But several Freshman have seen substantial playing time in Michael Curry and Jeremy Sandifer making considerable contributions.

When the Landstown players take the field you may start wondering when is the Varsity team going to show; we do not have alot of size(with exception to Day, Sandifer and Hurrell) in comparison to other Beach Teams.
quote:
Originally posted by wgarlick:
Great info, thanks. I hope I can make the game Friday. The two previous Beach games I planned on attending were rained out.

Do you have any photos of Butler, Lawhorn, and Day you could send me? If so please forward to Virginiapreps@verizon.net

Thanks

"Lines-320 Power-alleys 358 and center at 380 with a 10x15-20 batters eye screen."

Again I stand corrected; it's actually 330 down the lines and the batters-eye is 10 feet high by 20 feet wide.

There have been parents with cameras at the games; I can check for you.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.