Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by isaacvanwart:
Did Eric McGee (PVI) commit yet? Rumor is he was Penn State bound, but have not heard final decision?

What about the OConnell seniors? BI seniors? SSSA and FH seniors?

I saw TCWilliams play a while ago--there has to be some college talent on that team? Other public schools?

Eric McGee has committed to Penn State
quote:
Originally posted by isaacvanwart:
Did Eric McGee (PVI) commit yet? Rumor is he was Penn State bound, but have not heard final decision?

What about the OConnell seniors? BI seniors? SSSA and FH seniors?

I saw TCWilliams play a while ago--there has to be some college talent on that team? Other public schools?

From T.C. Williams: Adam Forrer 2B- Richmond and Matt Kilby OF/P- Navy

McGee is going to PSU.

I do not think BI has any college talent this year.
I have seen several BI players more than capable of playing in college. Tommy Kiesner is a great leadoff man. I have seen none better in the WCAC this year. Very good outfielder, as well. Lem Zeigler plays a very solid SS and in the few games I saw, was about 8/10. Even his outs were lineouts to centerfield. They also have several very good young players who will no doubt play in college. I just don't know at what level any of these players fit. I also believe that OConnell has more than a few college quality players. They are a very good team, the kids are well coached and well skilled, and at least three or four are capable of playing serious college baseball. FH has two or three college quality players also. Forrer and Kilby both can play college ball. I think many folks underestimate the HS player (you have to look at the upside with each) and overestimate what it takes to play in college (where there's a will there's a way). The question really is whether these players have the will to play in college.
I'm curious about these guys:

Nick Santalucia - LHP, Clover Hill

Nick played with my son over the summer. He was outstanding in a complete game win at ECU.

Two more are Nick Lacik from Riverbend, and Andrew Tyree from our own Brooke Point HS. Nick is a solid hitter. Andrew is having a fine year both on the mound and at the plate.

My guess is, once the college seasons wind down and the HS District playoffs get going some doors should open for these fine young men.
Last edited by Black-Hawks08

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.