Skip to main content

I didn't follow the undrafted FA signings too closely so I'm not completely sure who is coming back, leaving, etc. But Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, and Nebraska are pretty safe bets to be good teams every year. They're not going to have a sexy ranking and you may not see any in the top 10 at any point but they can play with anybody. Expect about 5 or 6 teams from the Big 10 make the NCAA tournament this year. It's not the SEC but I don't feel the Big 10 gets the credit it deserves. 

I can't speak to the recruiting of a lot of the schools but I know despite missing pretty heavy the past few years the recent recruiting classes at Penn St were good. The younger classes at Maryland are strong as well. I know a few players on each who probably could have landed at schools in the south but chose to stay local. Rutgers has a new coach, voted most underrated coach in college baseball by his peers - they've recruited well in the past year or two (a bunch of their guys drafted out of HS) and have some highly ranked younger guys coming in but still probably a year or two for that to translates. IU and Michigan get the most highly touted recruits, Maryland has recruited well but they've lost quite a few blue chip recruits that sign out of HS which hurts.

Michigan lost 7 to MLB I believe. Minnesota's ace went 3 overall. Ohio St lost best player to draft as well. I don't believe anybody from IU was drafted or signed which would be pretty big for them. I know they had a monster draft class last year (10). 

I don't know enough about what would be considered the Big 10 West. They don't typically recruit from my area and without a 2020 season to really judge it would be too hard for me to say. 

Last edited by PABaseball

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.