Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Gee, this guy really has some issues he needs to address. He keeps complaining about the press and then keeps fanning the fire. I really haven't seen that much negative about Bonds in my area (North Carolina - maybe it is different in the local area) until this steroid thing came up when he denied, then affirmed without knowledge. No matter, if you keep waving the red flag at the bull (media) he'll charge you!
This is his weak attempt for synpathy and to get by the testing and as you will see...he will shrink just like McGuire...it's already happening. It is a shame, but when you decide to do certain things,you have consequences. He made his bed and now needs to sleep in it.

Funny how they have already tested the Giants in Spring Training, but guess who they missed...let off, Barry. It is a shame that the owners, Union and MLB have known and let this go on just to fill seats...just to let the Collective Bargaining agreement be their way out...No longer. This is only the tip of the iceberg. Hold on folks!
Players take steroids so they can play longer......Steroids kill pain.....And, they heal muscles quickly....That's why the players taking them are mostly older players.....There's no doubt that Bonds took steroids......And, at his age, he can't play without them....His body won't let him.....So, IMO, he must retire from baseball......
When could a player get off steroids and be certain that they could not be detected in their body?

“I don't know, hopefully next season, hopefully the middle of the season. I don't know”.

Coincidentally, it’s the exact quote Bonds gave as to when he might be able to come back from his devastating injury of bumping his knee on a table.
Last edited by SBK
About a year or more ago, journalist Peter Gammons predicted that Bonds would find a way to gracefully retire as soon as he passed Ruth and would forego chasing Aaron as he (Bonds) would want to escape the limelight as soon as possible and before the steroids issue became full blown. Let's not forget that his grand jury testimony states that he took steroids but didn't know they were steroids at the time biglaugh

The steroid issue has come full blown faster than Barry must have presumed. But, I think Barry may find a way to come back before the '05 season is over and just to catch Ruth (about 12 homeruns away) and he's now set the stage to then retire.

It's interesting that Bonds notes his age and the difficulty to rehab and perform at 40, but refrains from explaining how he had his best years in his late 30's and far exceeded what he had done in what would typically have been his prime years.

It's also intertesting that both Bonds and McGwire have taken similar positions that they don't want to discuss the past, but to just move forward. Anyone that has engaged in wrongdoing would certainly want that approach taken, but the past and what took place is part of the issue.
Bonds isn't physically able to play at his age without the help of steroids.....He has to retire.....There won't be any comebacks next year......His body needs the steroids to enable him to play any longer.....Age catches up to all of us......It caught up with him several years ago......Steroids helped him play a few more years.....
BlueDog ...

quote:
Players take steroids so they can play longer......Steroids kill pain.....And, they heal muscles quickly....That's why the players taking them are mostly older players

I don't think we are talking about the same kind of steroid here. The "steroids in question" are anabolic steroids as opposed to steroidal medications such as cortisone.

Heck I use a steroidal nose spray for my allergies but it isn't the same as an anabolic steroid. And as everybody who knows me knows ... I really don't need to "bulk up" any more. Wink
FutureBackMom - if you become aware of an anti-steroid please let me know because I could stand to bulk "down" a little myself Smile

Tr - I had exactly the same thought as you but I can't believe Bonds would except a deal. Someone noted this morning on the radio that Bond's son had a Barry Sanders shirt on and they speculated if Bonds was trying to send a message that he may be retiring - I kind of doubt it.
Last edited by ClevelandDad
I just loved how Bonds blamed the media for his problems. He liked to use the word "family" during the interview. Which family was he referring to? His wife and kids or his mistress'? This guy is a pathetic loser and although I'm no great fan of the media at least one of them got it right by referring to him as a "Turd". Not sure if they used a capital "T" but they should.
"I don't think we are talking about the same kind of steroid here."

Future, athletes tear muscle daily........Anabolic steroids repair torn muscle quickly........You reach an age where muscle breaks down and your body just doesn't recover well from a workout or game.....Pain sets in......Bonds has reached this age.......His body hurts and he can't take steroids anymore.....John McCain will get upset if he does..... Smile....What's a person to do?.... pull_hair......Retire, walk away....And, he will.... walk
Last edited by BlueDog

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.