Skip to main content

I wanted to give all of you a few updates about whats going on at www.Catching-101.com. First a new message board has been added to my site that is 100% devoted to catching! I would love for you to join and add to the discussions. I will post there frequently to help with questions and share tips.

Secondly, my DVD will be released this summer! After posting the videos on my website and YouTube I have had a lot of people ask me to make a DVD...well, you asked for it, you got it! I'm working on it now and it should be available on my website this summer.

If you haven't seen www.Catching-101.com yet please check it out and let me know what you think! Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Coach,
I checked out the website and it looks good !! I have used the tennis ball drill with my HS catchers a couple of years ago. I would do a weighted ball drill (tennis ball filled with pennies) first to toughen the hands and then do the soft tennis ball toss after that to learn the "soft feel" for the ball. I'll keep checking your site for video updates...
Thanks, its still a work in progress, but I plan on updating it more often once our season is over.

I don't do much of the tennis ball drills, but I do think that they're very good at teaching a young player exactly where they are supposed to catch the ball.

I don't exactly teach "soft" hands, but I want my players to have "strong" hands.

Hopefully, there will be updates soon!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.