Skip to main content

Unsigned, Class of 2010

ATTENTION: Please RESPECT each player's right to privacy.
Persons representing businesses who use a player's e-mail contact to send UNSOLICITED material to the player will face penalties ranging from being banned from this site to being reported to their ISP for SPAMming.
"I would be lost without baseball. I don't think I could stand being away from it as long as I was alive." Roberto Clemente #21
Original Post
JAKE LONG
2010 rHP
ILLINOIS

Name: Jacob (Jake) Long
Grad Class: 2010
Birthdate: 10/03/1991
State: Illinois
E-Mail Contact: jlong2@live.com

ACT Score: 34 (composite, scored 34 two separate times)
Current GPA: 4.0 on 4 point scale (unweighted)
Academic Honors: National Honor Society, Illinois State Scholar, 10th place in State Math Contest

Athletic Honors: All-Conference, Area ERA leaderboard
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 195
Position(s) Played: RHP
RH or LH or Switch: RH

Potential College Major: Communications/English/Journalism
Colleges You're Considering: Wheaton (IL), Bradley, Washington U in St. Louis, Haverford, Wesleyan U (CT)
State or Region You're Most Interested In: Illinois, Northeast, I'll listen from anywhere

Additional Comments:
I'm a sinkerball pitcher who features a changeup as the premiere offspeed pitch, but I also have a curveball I'm equally confident with. All in all though, I'm very confident with my fastball and that is my bread and butter. I'm not a fireballer by any means, but I have been clocked as high as 85. I would say that my greatest asset that sets me apart from players with some similar physical capabilities is that I'm very competitive on the mound and I have a wealth of experience against competition of all levels, leaving me where I'm never rattled or intimidated.
Last edited by MN-Mom

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.