Skip to main content

I have been invited to this camp/showcase. Basically it is 3 consecutive sundays in october which you recieve 3 instructional sessions and 3 games. Which you will be playing in front of college coaches from all levels for $325.
So if anyone has gone to this please let me know and let me know how it was.
Thanks
“A lot of people said I could be a good player. I just wanted the opportunity to show it. I just let it happen.” --Albert Pujols
Last edited {1}
Original Post
Pino, I was told by not 1, but 4 MLB scouts. Don't ever pay for a tryout/showcase. My son is a rising senior, and he went through tryout/showcases this year. He was "invited" to a Colorado Rockies camp and did well. There were college and MLB scouts there, As he was on the field, a scout from the Yankees came to me, and asked if he would be interested in coming to Dayton for a workout the folowing week. That they wanted to see him again. I didn;t know it at the time, but it was for the East Coast Pro Showcase tryout. I was skeptical, so I asked, how much. His reply was " All MLB workouts are free, you have to pay your way to get there. Never pay for a showcase. They are just money makers for the people who run them". Those were his exact words! I did not pay for 1 showcase this year, and he got seen by a ton of colleges, MLB scouts. He played in the East Coast Professional Showcase. And now has multiple scholarships to some great D-1 programs. Everyone is different, but thats what I did. Because I could not afford some those showcase cost.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.