Skip to main content

The Clippers Baseball Club is proud to announce the first of our players and their committments. I also want to thanks people like Tom Rizzi (TRHIT) who are in this for the right reasons and have the best interest of the players up front.

Ryan Pennell LHP from Rye Neck HS, NY has accepted the offer from Elon University. Ryan also played last fall for the College Select program.

TJ Olesczuk SS from Hendrick Hudson HS, NY has accepted an offer to play baseball at Winthrop University

John Pilla MIF from Ardsley HS, NY has accepted the offer to play at Young Harris College. The program has been a JUCO power for years and will become a 4 year D2 next year.

Chris King C from Rhode Island has accepted the offer to play for Coastal Carolina next year. Chris joined us for the 17U WWBA in GA and did very well for himself.

Congratulations to these players and their families. I'll will post more as we get them.

I just want to add another Congratulations here and that is to Willy Gabay 2009 RHP from Mahopac HS. Wille is a great story since he did not make his HS team this spring. Instead ran track and came to us ready to compete. He was so good this summer that he accepted a baseball scholarship to Austin Peay University. This was done at the 18U WWBA in GA. So its never to late.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Coach Merc:
The Clippers Baseball Club is proud to announce the first of our players and their committments. I also want to thanks people like Tom Rizzi (TRHIT) who are in this for the right reasons and have the best interest of the players up front.

Ryan Pennell LHP from Rye Neck HS, NY has accepted the offer from Elon University. Ryan also played last fall for the College Select program.

TJ Olesczuk SS from Hendrick Hudson HS, NY has accepted an offer to play baseball at Winthrop University

John Pilla MIF from Ardsley HS, NY has accepted the offer to play at Young Harris College. The program has been a JUCO power for years and will become a 4 year D2 next year.

Chris King C from Rhode Island has accepted the offer to play for Coastal Carolina next year. Chris joined us for the 17U WWBA in GA and did very well for himself.

Congratulations to these players and their families. I'll will post more as we get them.

I just want to add another Congratulations here and that is to Willy Gabay 2009 RHP from Mahopac HS. Wille is a great story since he did not make his HS team this spring. Instead ran track and came to us ready to compete. He was so good this summer that he accepted a baseball scholarship to Austin Peay University. This was done at the 18U WWBA in GA. So its never to late.

Congrats to all these kids!

What a story about Willie! A hsbbweb feel-good story!

Rhode Island is an interesting state. Ryan Westmoreland is from there and with young Mr. King, that will be the third player on Coastal's roster from RI.
Coach Merc,

You and Coach Mike do a great job with your Clippers Teams. Knowing your boys have moved onto the college ranks, you still work hard for the new crop and enjoy doing it. Good luck to the 2010 commitments with a few more to go. Knowing Willie Gabay's story should inspire those that hard work and that persistance paid off in his case. Coach McClure at Austin-Peay got a good kid. GO CLIPPERS !
I want to Congratulate James Hood who was with us in Jupiter but never got to play after suffering a rib cage injury before game one taking BP.
James has committed and signed to catch and play the OF at Central Missouri.

In the short tiome he was with us we had a great time and he is a solid person and player.

Congratulations to James and his family. His dad is on the HSBBWEB as 32Fastball..
I acknowledge that people like Mr. & Mrs. Mickey Roberts are also in this for the right reasons and have the best interest of the players.

It would be great to see you and Anne at Spring Training in 2010, and I will presume Mike will be assigned to Brevard and be promoted to Huntsville.
It's my understanding D. Melvin pretty much makes the assignments after the winter meetings, and prior to the beginning of MiLB ST.

Regards
Bear
Last edited by Bear

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.