Skip to main content

I would like to congratulate this fine young man, Reginald Williams Jr., for overcoming all odds and rising to the top of the heap of many rankings.

Baseball America just came out with their Top Prospects in the country and I am happy to announce that Reginald was listed in a top tools category with a 5-Star rating and JD Williams was also listed with a 5-Star rating.

When General Managers show up to see Reginald opposed to other players ranked in top 25 playing on the same night, that should tell you something. On a particular night last week, that's exactly what happened and I can assure you, he didn't disappoint. He didn't disappoint this week either. He has world class speed and steals every open base without hesitation speaking of second and third Smile

The thread you deleted was about this high school player, Reginald Williams Jr., I just never called his name till now. Angels are forever, like it, or not.

See Ya~
Shep

Ps(Oh yea and by the way, he will NOT be GOING to COLLEGE, he's signing)
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
(Oh yea and by the way, he will NOT be GOING to COLLEGE, he's signing)

What's the point of writing this? It seems to me that publicizing that he is an easy signer would eliminate any leverage he might have had to win a sizable bonus commensurate with his peers.

I thought your Angels are forever was a discussion about Mike Scioscia's perpetual contract. My bad.

Anyway, best wishes to Mr. ********.

edit-- On second thought, it would be a lot better for this young man if you deleted his name and replaced it with something like: a kid I saw or worked with, my protege, a swell kid ...
Last edited by infidel_08
Infidel & most respected board members,

Major League baseball organizations have far more credit than given here.

One of the "main objectives" any club has is signability. Once you have laid that "huge" issue to rest, a mutual pre-draft agreement is worked out beforehand which includes a monetary bonus. MLB owners would much rather know what to expect opposed to a vice-versa approach of draft me and we'll talk. The Williams family are reputable, "in a good way", and the home visits have gone extremely well. They are living up to their bill, and then some. Reginald Williams Jr. is the sleeper of the 2009 draft on PGs ranking. In his bio in the ranking, PG even says that he could be a big surprise. The surprise has already happened and yes he does come form Major League baseball bloodlines. His father, who coaches him played in the bigs with several teams, most recently, the Angels Manager, under none other than Mike Sciosia himself, worked Jr. out on the field with the major league team and watched with top brass of organization while Jr hit batting practice going yard with the woodbat and hitting steady gap shots, pole to pole. Mickey Hatcher, who threw the batting practice, was so impressed he told Reggie Jr to get an agent. Angels have 4 picks in the top 55, do your math, I've already done my homework.

Later,
Shep Knows Best
Shep,

I'm sorry that I am de-railing this thread about a deserving young man, but it still bothers me that you seem to disregard the sensitivity of the information you are putting out on the internet.

I am aware that MLB teams probably have a good idea what it will take to sign this player. Maybe this kid was born to play professional ball and will sign for nothing. Maybe MLB knows it. Unless you are his agent/advisor, I still think it is not your place to be discussing his options.

I am more inclined to think you are trying to push some issue with HSBBW. A couple of your threads were deleted, lost, or whatever. Is your intent to have this thread deleted for you to build some sort of case?

I think naming a player and discussing his negotiating strategy with MLB is beyond the limits of what this site is all about. I am not a moderator, but if it were in my power, I would delete this thread since you don't seem to care about the player's privacy. I could see potential trouble come August if the player and the drafting team can't come to terms on a contract. HSBBW would be prudent to absolve itself from this matter.
Last edited by infidel_08
Link copied to your clipboard.