Skip to main content

There are some really good articles on HS baseball in the SchoolDay pullout section of today's Dallas Morning News. The articles highlight prominent schools/players from four areas of Dallas (Central, West, North and East) and the section includes a list of other players to watch from the metroplex. The pullout is great but the on-line articles are much more detailed.

Central - Highland Park HS
Clayton Kershaw
Article

West - Mansfield HS
Jordan Walden & Mark Cohoon
Article

North - Allen HS
Shawn Tolleson
Article

East - Rockwall HS
Travis Moseley & Chad Noble
Article

Other Players To Watch:
Aaron Baker - Denton
Blake Beaven - Irving
Preston Claiborne - Newman Smith
Austin Goolsby - Coppell
Bryan Holaday - W.T. White
Ryan Millard - Flower Mound
Fielding Pittman - Lake Highlands
Melvin Kelley - South Grand Prairie
Nathan Karns - Arlington Martin
Matt Sulentic - Hillcrest

Players Named in Teams To Watch:
Donald Williams - Newman Smith
Shaun Garcia - Arlington Martin
Cole Green - Coppell
Tyler Herriage - FM Marcus
Jon Edwards - Keller
Monk Kreder - Keller
Travis Sample - Lake Highlands
Cameron Dotson - Lake Highlands
Michael Bolsinger - McKinney North
Cameron Buford - McKinney North
Cameron Bara - Hebron

-- Formerly Dallas Knights GM

Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Now Doug, I didn't write the articles - I'm just pointing them out to those who might find them of interest. Smile

But since you ask..... Clayton Kershaw, Jordan Walden, Mark Cohoon, Shawn Tolleson, Travis Moseley, Chad Noble, Bryan Holaday, Matt Sulentic, Donald Williams and Michael Bolsinger all play for DBAT 18. I really enjoy seeing such good kids getting much deserved credit for their hard work and dedication to the game.

While there are a number of kids around the area that could also be included in the DMN list, all of those named in the section have very bright futures ahead of them. Congratulations to each of them and their families for being singled out.
clap
Last edited by Frozen Ropes GM
DBAT 18 GM
I believe Tyler has played up for several years and is a true senior so that should put him at 18yo this summer wouldn't that?

And you are so right a great kid, wonderful family, great pitcher and it will be nice to have him this season on the mound for Marcus!

KD will be pleased that you added those names, see some Keller boys up there now. Wink
Last edited by oldbat-never
PD:
From early reports,,,,,,,,,under the radar won't last too long for you guys Wink.

Last year Marcus wasn't on anyones radar early on,if I remember right all the attention was on another school in our neighborhood and then look how far Marcus went...surprise, surprise......sometimes no press is better than all the press, its the old sneak up from behind and get em while they aren't looking tactic...will be a VERY competitive district this year for sure...................
Last edited by oldbat-never
Those rumors can be quite nasty, can't they? boredom

Talked to both Jordan and Mark last night and they are in great shape. Mark had a touch of tendonitis in the fall but the rest and rehab has him feeling brand new. He's working on mechanics right now to get his velocity back to where it should be. Don't know who Mansfield's #3 is so I can't put that one to rest.

By the way, I heard..... Big Grin
Last edited by Frozen Ropes GM
quote:
Originally posted by SWAC:
quote:
Originally posted by txdad06:
there is a rumor out there that the big boy at Mansfield might have a shoulder problem, the #2 still has a bad back and is throwing in the low 80's, and #3 was kicked off the team. I hope these rumors are NOT true, but they are floating around.

I'll probably take some ripping for this statement but under the circumstances I'm willing to face the music. Regarding the comments above I know it was meant to be informational and there is no harm intended. However this board is read by thousands of baseball fans everywhere. A rumor regarding an unfound injury in my opinion is just not appropriate if you don't have the facts. I want to say a big thanks to DBAT 18 for having inside knowledge about the players mentioned in the quote above. Remember folks these players as well as others potentially have bright futures ahead of them; lets not add a cloud.
Last edited by SWAC

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.