Skip to main content

Wanted to take the time to publicly congratulate the college signees from our 2006 DBAT 18 summer team:

• Chase Anderson - North Central Texas College (#1266 MIN)
  • Aaron Baker - Oklahoma University & Navarro College (#1116 MIN)
  • Bryan Bingham - Dallas Baptist University & Navarro College
  • Victor Black - Dallas Baptist University (#1234 NYM)
  • Zack Boles - Baylor University
  • Michael Bolsinger - Texas Tech & Grayson College (#1031 CLE)
  • Mark Cohoon - North Central Texas College
  • Bryan Holaday - North Central Texas College
  • Clayton Kershaw - Texas A&M University (#7 LAD ....signed)
  • Austin Knight - Dallas Baptist University
  • Blake Moore - Brookhaven College
  • Travis Moseley - University of Arkansas
  • Chad Noble - Northwestern University
  • Stuart Slakey - University of Arkansas & Grayson College
  • Clint Stubbs - University of Texas (#1458 TEX)
  • Matt Sulentic - Texas A&M University (#98 OAK ....signed)
  • Shawn Tolleson - Baylor University
  • Jordan Walden - University of Texas (#372 LAA)
  • Donald Williams - Oklahoma State University & North Central Texas College

-- Formerly Dallas Knights GM

Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

DBat, gotta send a compliment out to you. In the summer of '04 I was the head coach of the 15U Team Connecticut team that played at the B.E.S.T tourney in Ft. Meyers. We lost to your 15U team in the championship game. Throughout the entire summer, I don't think I came across another team as well-rounded, well-coached, and classy as you team was. Your players hustled all the time, and your coaches seemed like genuinely wonderful guys. I have no regrets about that game, and have been content knowing we lost it to a program that runs on the same principles we did.

Gotta ask you, there was an outfielder on that team that year (Cant remember the name of the top of my head) who was just an outstanding little ballplayer. Hit a home run against us and ran like the wind. Do you know who I'm speaking of? If so, what is he doing now?

Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for asking, TSfan. That outstanding little outfielder has turned into an outstanding big outfielder named Joe Leftridge. Joe will be entering his senior year at Duncanville HS and you can catch him next week at the AFLAC All-American game (here's a LINK). Joe has a promising future in the game and is being heavily recruited by many of the big schools. A great kid as well.

The coach of that DBAT 15 team was Cade Griffis who owns DBAT but has now retired from coaching summer ball. That DBAT 15 team is now DBAT 17 and they are currently competing in the AABC Connie Mack World Series in Farmington, NM. Quite a squad and we're very proud of them.

Hope Team Connecticut is doing well.
Last edited by Frozen Ropes GM
DBAT GM,
Not to be argumentative, but there are two things that should be pointed out about this tournament. While Cade was coaching the team for part of the year, it was actually David Parker who ran the team that week as Cade couldn't attend. This win was one of David's 7 or 8 "National Championships" that he has won.

Also, if TSfan remembers the outfielder being an African American, then it would indeed be Joe Leftridge. If not then it was most likely, James Foster (RF, LHP) who was brilliant all week in the outfield, at the plate, and pitching. In fact, James was named the MVP of the tournament that week.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.