3. Celina 13-3
4. Prosper 11-4
5. Frisco Wakeland 14-1-1
"Now just a football fan"
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by emerson1:
[QUOTE]the love for Denton in 4A? They are 10-4 and they beat Forney. I guess they will get the

They are #3, how much higher do you want them?

Forney and Poteet face off Tuesday night(3/24). Both aces are throwing, it should be a big crowd since this is the biggest game of the year so far.

emerson1,

Please pay attention before popping off, I ask where the love was for Denton, not Denton Ryan. crazy Dang rookies!
quote:
Originally posted by KellerDad:
10 versus 4 this afternoon in 5-5A. How can Colleyville still be on the list with a District record of 2-2?

They still have a very good overall record. Too much talent on that team to leave them off. They has a hiccup last week versus Keller Central. My guess is they are in the mix for the district championship by the time the dust settles.
quote:
Originally posted by Bring it:
Where is the love for Denton in 4A? They are 10-4 and they beat Forney. I guess they will get their chance Friday vs. Ryan.

Bring It,

Denton does not play Denton Ryan until next Tuesday 4/1. Today DHS plays WF Rider and Ryan plays Rider on Friday.

These should be some great games in 5-4A over the next week.
quote:
10 versus 4 this afternoon in 5-5A. How can Colleyville still be on the list with a District record of 2-2?

(same way Richland was in the top with a 0-2 district record!)

It wasnt a "hiccup" vs Keller Central .. 6th inning Panthers were down by 1 - came up in the 7th and loaded the bases (thanks to walks) walked in the tie run then actually got a hit to score and go up 1.. then let Chargers load the bases and end up scoring 2... Chargers had them beat up to the 6th .. then came back and finished.

pulled one out vs. the Buffs ..

There doesnt seem to be as many studs on this team as in the past. Alot of mental errors you dont expect from the Panthers..
Dont believe they should be in the top 10 considering ...

But I know they always will compete to the end!
Last edited by HaltomScout
Don't get me wrong, I haven't seen Colleyville play (will this Friday) and Keller may not deserve to be on the list as well, even though they are 4-0 in district play.

The tough part of the district schedule for them is this week, beginning this afternoon. If they can manage a split, then they deserve to stay, if they lose both, they are a pretender.

Offense will be key for Keller, they have to start hitting the ball better. The injury to Larson has hurt them (Muncy has done a great job at catcher, but they are missing Larson's bat in an already weak lineup offensively)

I've heard everything from another week for Chris, to two to three more weeks before he returns. He is a double hitting machine, or was last year as a JR.
quote:
Originally posted by HaltomScout:
quote:

(same way Richland was in the top with a 0-2 district record!)

It wasnt a "hiccup" vs Keller Central .. 6th inning Panthers were down by 1 - came up in the 7th and loaded the bases (thanks to walks) walked in the tie run then actually got a hit to score and go up 1.. then let Chargers load the bases and end up scoring 2... Chargers had them beat up to the 6th .. then came back and finished.

pulled one out vs. the Buffs ..

There doesnt seem to be as many studs on this team as in the past. Alot of mental errors you dont expect from the Panthers..
Dont believe they should be in the top 10 considering ...

MeatsDad - Grapevine also dropped out !

Halt - Grapevine was never ranked in the DMN that I can see.
CLASS 5A - SportsDay's area baseball rankings (3/17)
Rank, school Record
1. Plano West 13-1
2. Rowlett 14-0-2
3. Arlington Martin 15-3-1
4. Southlake Carroll 12-3
5. Coppell 14-3
6. Plano 12-2
7. Colleyville Heritage 13-4
8. North Mesquite 13-5
9. Hebron 10-3-1
10. Richland 14-5-1

As far as Keller Central goes, they are a team that will make you pay for your mistakes and walks. They did beat Coppell after being down 6-1.

But I am sure the Panthers will compete all year long.
Last edited by ACowboyFan
Haltom,

You may be right, we'll see. I still think CHHS will be right there at end of the regular season. Every team goes through a funk during the season.

And it looks like Nuding is doing a great job for Haltom on the hill on Fridays...kept the Panther bats cold.

KD,

The thing about Keller is they will be in every Tuesday game and win most, if not all, of those. They are hitting better and will be a force if the bats really come alive. Seems like Stramp always finds a way...

Meat,

Keller Central had a typical Central week...beating a very good CHHS team and losing to an 0-3 Grapevine team.
Last edited by tychco
I wouldn't say Keller is hitting better, they faced a Richland team that pitchers were struggling to just throw strikes, let alone get outs.

And yes, Coach Stramp usually finds a way.

It's amazing how many former players I've seen at the games over the last week, home for spring break and coming to watch the Indians play. Huge home crowds compared to early district games of years past.
quote:
I wouldn't say Keller is hitting better, they faced a Richland team that pitchers were struggling to just throw strikes, let alone get outs.

And yes, Coach Stramp usually finds a way.

It's amazing how many former players I've seen at the games over the last week, home for spring break and coming to watch the Indians play. Huge home crowds compared to early district games of years past.

Agreed, tychcobrat#1 and his Northwest team was there to open district on March 11 and there was a great crowd there. The Great collikar used to teach in Keller and could hardly watch the game because of all her former students coming to see her...good to see the support...wish it existed at all the schools so the boys could feel appreciated.
All this weekly poll tells me is that our coach should not be in charge of scheduling. We need some cupcakes on our schedule. Plano East has played the following:

CLASS 5A
Rk., School Rec.
1. Plano West 16-1
2. Rowlett 17-0-2
3. Arlington Martin 17-3-1
5. Coppell 17-3
8. Plano 13-4
9. North Mesquite 14-7

CLASS 4A
Rk., School Rec.
3. Denton Ryan 14-3
8. McKinney 10-3-1

We were scheduled to play Forney in Duncanville.

Thank God they have district games to determine who makes the playoffs and not some selection commitee. We would have a strong RPI rating with out strength of schedule, but 10-9-1 would make us a bubble team.

Eight district games to play!!! Go East!
You are right, they have a lot of talent on the team but they are lacking something. No one can put a finger on what is the problem but it seems to be a team wide thing. We parents have our opinions and the boys have theirs, but whatever it is needs to be fixed soon! Oh and one of the problems is

Southlake
Colleyville
Keller
Richland
K Central
Haltom
Grapevine

Which one looks easy on the schedule?
NONE
quote:
Originally posted by HaltomScout:
I have been involved in Haltom baseball for the past 5 yrs ... This is the strongest I have ever seen the competition in our district from top to bottom - none of the games are a pushover thats for sure!

Could y'all please have an off night Friday

I will call Schrader and have Jake take the night off Big Grin
KD & Haltom,

I agree with your assessments regarding the CV Heritage ranking as they are still trying to find consistency in all areas. But, we have had a key bat out of the lineup, Steven Hill, who has now returned but is rusty at the plate. But, 3 nice district wins in a row including an exciting win last night at Keller, which went down to the last batter (always a tough road win). Against Keller Central they left far too many runners stranded to win but they did have 2 maybe 3 HRs not go out due to strong wind. The win against Haltom was just a classic pitchers duel.

But, inconsistency in all areas make this team difficult to rank. Who knows how they fare from here on.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.