Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think it's moving to Lakeland Florida due to the new NCAA rule regarding testing at an NCAA site. Too bad they had a good thing at UNC Wilmington. Of course, now it will be a good thing in FL.

It's usually held around the last week of July. It's absolute (must go to) event if invited. I can safely say that your (midlo) son will be invited.

While I might be a little partial to our events, we are BIG boosters of the East Coast Pro. Great talent, great people (scouts) running the show. We attend and scout it heavily every year. Usually it's just one more good look at many players we've seen before. Sometimes there's a player or two we hadn't seen. Pretty much every player is a DI prospect and many are top level draft prospects.
quote:
thanks,
for the most part it appears that they would be looking at players that may go in the first 5-8 rounds of the draft?
Correct?

While the ECP is top drawer and the players are as PGStaff describes, the draft is a lot more complex and fickle than that. It would be impossible to establish a correlation between draft round and East Coast Pro attendees. Rest assured there will be 1st rounders and there will be those that never get a call in attendance. I did notice you said “may go in the first 5-8 rounds” you would have been just as accurate had you said "May NOT go in the first 5-8 rounds. Big Grin
I would venture to say that most if not all of the players that are invited have the potential to play professional baseball.
Fungo

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.