Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The eastern better hope for the "Luck of the Irish" The south eastern and beach are just simply loaded with D-1 talent this season.Lake Taylor will come out on top (in the eastern) and Churchland will battle the back side.Maury,Granby and the others will have few sparks to offer after the graduating class of last year.I am sure the kids will have fun playing for third and so on.Granby has some talent up the middle less the battery.Good luck this year to all!
quote:
Originally posted by redbird5:
127 pitches in March?

This is the MO for Maury coaching staff. I had hoped that the new regime change would change this but guess not. Add pregame bullpen and warm ups between innings and the number tops 175.

I'm sure the great debate will ensue on pitch counts now.

Maybe I'll drop by the Maury dugout over the weekend and drop off a pitch counter for the adult in charge if there is one! Mad
It is really disappointing that someone from the Eastern District is not keeping us up with what is happening there this season. From what I can tell from the Virginian Pilot and this board, the following lists the district games which have been played and their scores, as well as the upcoming week's schedule and the district standings. It appears that Churchland is undefeated?

March 18
Maury (4) at Churchland (8)
Wilson (1) at Lake Taylor (10)
Norcom (6) at BT Washington (11)
Granby (12) at Norview (4)

March 22
BT Washington (2) at Maury (17)
Wilson (3) at Granby (8)
Churchland (19) at Norcom (0)
Lake Taylor (2) at Norview (4)

March 23
Lakeland (3) at Churchland (5)

March 25
Maury ( 3) at Granby (0)
Wilson (3) at Churchland (6)
Norview (14) at BT Washington (1)
Lake Taylor (14) at Norcom (2)

March 29
Maury (10) at Wilson (6)
Norview (1) at Churchland (19)
Granby (23) at Norcom (0)
Lake Taylor (13) at BT Washington (2)

April 1
Churchland at Granby (rescheduled to April 22)
Norcom (1) at Norview (5)
Lake Taylor (2) at Maury (4)
BT Washington (9) at Wilson (10)

April 5
Lake Taylor (3) at Granby (2)
Maury (17) at Norcom (1)
Wilson at Norview
BT Washington (0) at Churchland (14)

April 6
Lake Taylor (2) at Maury (4)

April 8
Maury at Norview (postponed - TBD)
Norcom (2) at Wilson (8)
Churchland (7) at Lake Taylor (1)
Granby (18) at BT Washington (0)

April 12
Lake Taylor (9) at Wilson (7)
BT Washington (11) at Norcom (2)
Norview (4)at Granby (15)

April 13
Churchland (11) at Maury (2)

April 14
Granby (9) at Wilson (10)

April 15
Maury at BT Washington
Norcom at Churchland
Norview at Lake Taylor

District Standings (updated on an ongoing basis)

Churchland 7-0
Maury 6-2
Granby 5-3
Lake Taylor 5-4
Wilson 3-5
Norview 3-3
BT Washington 2-6
IC Norcom 0-8
Last edited by WB Reporter
Churchland easily handled Maury.Final score 12 to 2 and 14 ks,not a good Show for Maury.Pitcher(#1 Maury) started with some side arm/over hand thing,thought I was back at little league.Harder and harder for eastern to field competitive games with less available player pool each year.Pitcher for Churchland # 11(WVA) had 14Ks on the day and never really pressed.Quality fast ball and curve ball repeatedly for strikes.He may have had to look over his shoulder once.Umpire called very good game.Both Maury and Churchland represented selves well,Maury pitcher(#3) hit batter and closed day by shaking hands instead of promoting drama.Get'm next time! Wink
Not at all,I am not calling anyone a little league-r.I am calling into question the approach when this game was a important one for Maury.This young man has not pitched since little league on a competitive basis and I felt that this was not a well thought out direction to take,if you are trying to beat the number one team and then to allow the welfare of the game to be in-trusted to a style of pitching that simply made no since.Think about it!The fact that #3 went to shake the hands of a struck player represents the quality of the program,players and mind set.This and or these posts are not personal only a simple reply to the question and that is "could someone from the eastern comment"well....Your attempt to make the post ugly is your approach not mine so simply comment on game or not. Smile
Obviously got your attention because you are certainly show-ing your self.No sir I do not think a coach would deliberately do such a thing,but I do believe bad decisions can cost games whether it is by the Coach or the player.You still are locked into this personal thing and I can't get you away from the fact that I still stress to you all these players are within and ounce of each other and all are fine players.I simply think it was a mistake to promote this approach on this day.You simply care what the gallery thinks of the decision making process of the coaches.People enjoy making it personal because that helps comfort the the decision making process good or bad,have a nice day and look forward to seeing you"40 year old fat guy".Certainly,if you want to discuss more I am happy to sadly continue.Take a big breathe and I will return to the gallery,oh and I do not want to keep the book I'll leave that to the concerned volunteers.
These appear to be the district (and nondistrict) matchups for last Friday and this week:

Friday, April 22
Churchland at Granby

Monday, April 25
Granby at Maury at Harbor Park

Tuesday, April 26
Churchland at Wilson
IC Norcom at Lake Taylor

Wednesday, April 27
Churchland at Hampton

Friday, April 29
Churchland at Norview
IC Norcom at Granby