Skip to main content

Florida Red Sox Baseball Club
Florida Red Sox Freshman Team 2011

The Florida Red Sox Baseball Club is an organization that has been formed to give our players the opportunity to supplement their high school programs with tournament play during the summer and school breaks. The team is based in Jupiter, FL. We will take advantage of Jupiter being a hot spot for Perfect Game, Under Armour/Team One and USA Baseball tournaments. We make no crazy guarantees of college scholarships and pro signings but we will play in the tournaments that the scouts and college coaches attend looking for players that want to go to the next level.

The team is managed by Dan Grieve. Dan played college baseball at the University of Southern Mississippi and enjoyed a brief pro career in the Toronto Blue Jays organization. Dan’s son Ben is a member of the team.

The Florida Red Sox team is a parent funded team, all efforts are used to keep costs as reasonable as possible. Team costs are $75.00 initial fee that pays for team jersey, hat and team insurance. Players provide white pants, red belt/socks. After initial fee is paid each tournament has a fee per player to participate. Any travel and hotel/meal costs are players responsibility. The cost to play on this team is a fraction of what competing programs charge. We play the same tournaments as these programs.
Current schedule.
Dec. 27-30 AAU Winter Championships 16U, Vero Beach, FL. Cost per player $50.00
Feb. 19-21 President’s Day Weekend Bash 16U, Vero Beach, FL. Cost per player $50.00
May 27-30 Under Armour/Team One Memorial Day Weekend Tournament, Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter, FL. Cost per player $100.00
June 10-14 Under Armour/Team One Southeast Wood bat Tournament. Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter, FL. Cost per player $100.00
June 15-26 USA Baseball 16U Championship (National team evaluations), Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter, FL. Cost per player $100.00
**June 25-July 1 Perfect Game WWBA Championship. Atlanta GA. Cost per player $100.00 + $150.00 housing deposit. This tournament is the only tournament on our schedule that the invitation has not been accepted and tournament already paid for. Due to costs involved in taking team to Atlanta for a week I am waiting until final roster is formed and discussed with parents. All other tournaments listed have been prepaid and the Florida Red Sox are officially entered.
July 1-5 Under Armour/Team One Firecracker Wood bat Tournament. Roger Dean Stadium, Jupiter, FL. Cost per player $100.00
July 9-15 Perfect Game BCS Championship, Terry Park, Ft Myers, FL. Cost per player $100.00

My coaching philosophy is that no player gets better sitting on the bench and players at all levels play better when they are enjoying themselves. I ask my players to show respect to their parents, their team mates and their coaches. I demand that my players hustle, run out flyballs, ground outs, run on and off the field and have the good sense to address any college coaches or scouts that I introduce them to as “Sir”. I ask that the parents of my players be enthusiastic but reasonable with their expectations.

If you have interest in our program please express your interest by contacting us at floridaredsox@gmail.com
Original Post
Hi Coach hope your team is doing well. Sad to say that my expectation of summer ball is not going well. This year I finished my season with an ERA of 1.60 and a batting average of 600.But I still do not get to play. My stats can be verified by Coach Patty at 561-329-7940.If you have a spot for me let me know, For this fire cracker wood bat tournament they have invited me to play. But last time at the Under Amour tournament I played out of 4 games only 2 innings. And I see your fee is $100.00 ours is #125.00. Thank you for your time. Doc

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.