Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It looks like Brandon Duplessis picked up right where he left off this winter. He pitched great this winter in the Seminoles Tournament Championship in California in January. It doesn't surprise me at all that he would win easily in his game today. He threw many big games on the national level for the Seminoles last year and will continue to do so this summer. This kid has a great future on the Seminoles and at Lockport H.S. Congrats on what should be one of many shutouts and victories this season.
Wednesday night's Moline at Normal West game cancelled do to SNOW.

Thursday 's Morton (that is the downstate town of Morton) at Normal West game cancelled due to SNOW.

Hopefully Saturday's DH, Lincoln at Normal West will find a playable field. Need to get this season started. Lincoln may be a bit mad as the Normal West basketball team knocked off the highly favored Lincoln team, AT LINCOLN, to win the regional a couple of weeks ago.

EDIT.....Just noticed on the Normal West website that today's game against Morton has been rescheduled for tomorrow....awesome, can't wait. And we'll see you Moline guys on April 6th.
Last edited by CentralIL
Wednesday, March 22 Results

BASEBALL

Argo 14, Rich East 1
Barrington 7, St. Charles East 0
Crystal Lake Central 4, Marian Central Catholic 3
Driscoll 3, Guerin 0
Eisenhower 2, Rich South 0
Elmwood Park 10, Proviso East 1
Fenwick 15, St. Francis de Sales 0
Glenbard East 4, Benet 1
Grant Park 6, Kankakee 4
Harlan 9, Juarez 1
Highland Park 9, Gordon Tech 1
Hillcrest 9, Seton 3
Hinsdale Central 6, Homewood-Flossmoor 3
Lake View 9, Kelvyn Park
Lane 6, St. Ignatius 2
Lockport 3, Lemont 2
Loyola 4, Evanston 0
Manteno 16, Crescent-Iroquois 10
Marist 4, Richards 1
Minooka 3, Andrew 2
Montini 7, Timothy Christian 0
Morris 5, Herscher 4
Morton 4, De La Salle 1
Mundelein 10, Mather 3
Riverside-Brookfield 5, Oak Lawn 4
St. Francis 9, Chicago Christian 3
St. Joseph 16, Immaculate Conception 1
Stagg 5, Reavis 2
Thornton Fractional South 5, Bremen 3
Tinley Park 10, Peotone 4
Von Steuben 9, Morgan Park 4
Walther Lutheran 9, Foreman 7
Warren 5, Glenbrook North 3
Waukegan 3, Grant 0
Woodstock 4, Wauconda 3
talent,

Thanks for pointing out the details of the game. Complete game and approximately 120 pitches in first outing, hmmm. Not having been at the game or knowing first hand what transpired I'll reserve judgement. Sure it was a big game, opening day always is, but it is still how you finish and not the results of game one. JMO>
Made it to the game around the 5th inning so I don't know how it panned out but York opened at home versus Rolling Meadows with a loss 2 to 0,
Sean Turnbull(senior) pitched 5innings 3 hits,5K's and 1 earned run ;Jason Pankau(Junior) 1 inning 1 hit, but no York offense(2hits). Pre-conference games coming up versus Benet, Elk Grove and Prospect before opening up April 1st vs. Oak Park/River Forest in conference. Good Luck new coach Phil Bodine(from Mendota HS)
BTIL don't know about that...played in Barrington. There used to be farmland all around Huntley, now it's all houses. Harvard has the cow in the middle of town..."Milk Capitol of The World."

Huntley does have one of those places....called something like "Dairy Delight" that used to be all over the place...now only Dairy Queens. I go through there every now and then and have the triple banana split sundae parfait or something like that. I'd recommend the drive out there just for that.
DuQuoin 2-0 over South Central. SIU signee Bryant George had 17k's and gave up 1 hit while pitching in the upper 80's and touching 91 a few times. Parkland signee Spencer Patton had 10's and gave up only 2 hits in the loss. Also ISU signee Josh Schultz from Mt. Zion pitched a 7 inning no-no today against Newton. 10 k's no BB's. I guess the only way they got a runner was on an error. By the way only 82 pitches.
Last edited by SIBullets
Game one:
Waterloo Bulldogs 10
New Athens Yellow Jackets 1

Soph Koeingstin (spelled wrong) made his biggest mistake in the first inning to their number 3 hitter putting a 2-1 fastball right down the chute. Kid hit the ball long over the left field fence; New Athens didn't score again in the game. Senior Steven Lee hit a homerun and had a triple in the first game. Senior Andrew Weise hit a double to right field that hit the fence about 2 feet below the top- opposite field with two strikes.

Second game:
Waterloo Bulldogs 7
New Athens Yellow Jackets 5

Junior Dylan McNew started this game after the 30!! minute break between games. Pitched 4 innings, but never quite had control. He didn't throw bad for his first outing, but there are definitely some things to adjust before the MVC play comes around.

Bulldogs led 6-1 for awhile, but relaxing on the defense allowed the Yellow Jackets to get back into the game 6-5 at one point.

Bulldogs start the season 2-0 and play Monday at Red Bud before starting the home slate against Altoff on Wednesday.

College Baseball
ARMY 14
Wagner 0

ARMY 14
Wagner 1

This doubleheader started off the Black Knights' home slate and a good way to start it. The two teams play again tomorrow afternoon, but I believe it is at Wagner.

Go Army!
Saturday, March 25
BASEBALL
Barrington 10, Huntley 1
Benet 11, Glenbard North 0 (5 inn.)
Bloom 3, Eisenhower 2 (10 inn.)
Bremen 12, T.F. North 2 (5 inn.)
Cary-Grove 3, Stevenson 2
Deerfield 11, Libertyville 1 (5 inn.)
Driscoll 5, Rich East 2
Evergreen Park 5-9, Ag. Science 0-0
Fenwick 10, Gordon Tech 7
Geneva 6, Marmion 2
Glenbard East 2, Palatine 0
Glenbard South 3, Hinsdale South 1
Harlan 24, Bowen 0
Hersey 5, Addison Trail 4 (7 inn.)
Highland Park 4-3, Zion-Benton 2-1
Hillcrest 13-8, Thornton 8-4
Homewood-Flossmoor 8, Richards 6
Immaculate Conception 6-15, Lisle 5-4
Jacobs 4, Streamwood 1
Joliet Catholic 5, De La Salle 0
Lake Zurich 7, Wauconda 3
Lockport 10, Downers North 0 (6 inn.)
Loyola 8, Niles North 4
Lyons 3, Brother Rice 1
Mahomet-Seymour 7-2, Herscher 2-7
Manteno 10-10, Iroquois West 0-6
Marist 6, T.F. South 2
Minooka 10, Providence 0
Morris 13, Riverside-Brookfield 2 (5 inn.)
Mt. Carmel 19, Stagg 3
Naperville Central 6, Fremd 4
Nazareth 9-10, Maine East 4-0
Northside Prep 10-9, Walther Lutheran 5-6
Oak Lawn 7-7 Rich South 1-2
Oak Park 13, Evanston 2
Proviso East 14, Simeon 13
Rolling Meadows 1, Maine South 0
St. Charles East 14, East Aurora 0
St. Francis 6-4, Mather 3-2
St. Joseph 5-2, Fenton 2-1
St. Rita 6, Morton 3
Tinley Park 3, Thornridge 1
Von Steuben 24, Hales 9 (6 inn.)
Moline splits with high ranked limestone

Game one: Moline up 3-2 in the top of the 7th as limestone score 1 of an error to make it. As the marrons continued to make erros moline loses 8-5 in extra innings. Lp- Sanchez
Standouts:
Clark (wiu signee) 2-4 with a 2b
and a rbi

Game two: Limestone takes an early lead in the 1st after a passball by the catcher to go 1-0 but moline fight back with a sac fly. 1-1 Moline begion to break it open with singles bye Clark, Hood, and Hoyt to drive in a run.5-1 Limestone fights back taking advantage of airs to go to 5-4! Which would be the final 5-4.
Standouts:
Clark 6innings 9k's 3bb's 3hits 1 earned run 1-1 rbi
Hood: 1-2 2rbis 2b
East Alton Wood River-10 at Greenfield IL-0
Carrollton IL-1 at Piasa Southwestern-2
Mater Dei-0 at Columbia-1
Jerseyville-1 at Belleville East-2
Freeburg-3 at Nashville-2
Valmeyer-3 at Dupo-10
Althoff-2 at Marion-4
Marissa-2 at Gibault-3
Hillsboro IL-3 at Triad-6
Waterloo-10 at New Athens-1
Mater Dei-0 at Columbia-9
Civic Memorial-4 vs Alton-7 at Civic Mem.
Freeburg-4 vs Mascoutah-0 at Nashville
Valmeyer-6 at Dupo-7
McCluer North-2 at Edwardsville-3
Jerseyville-4 at Belleville East-3
Marissa-7 at Gibault-9
Waterloo-7 at New Athens-5
Civic Memorial-4 vs Alton-5 at Civic Mem.
Edwardsville-18 vs Hazelwood East-7 at Edwardsville
Mascoutah-3 at Nashville-1
Deuce, yes underated. Been watching him since 6th grade and known him since 8th. If you go back on this website he is not mentioned much at all, except where I have thrown his name out or maybe one other. He is listed 49th by pbr, might be the first time he even got mentioned. He was noticed by some scouts his freshman year. If you would ever throw bp to this kid you would definatly notice. Diamond I totally agree one of the best in the state junior or senior great hitter, power and average, footspeed, armspeed, hands and loves the game. Another junior with the same tools is Biela. Sorry deuce I am sure the baseball schools are looking at him just don't have that info.
Downers Grove North is playing a tough preseason schedule, starting with Lockport, WWS, and Benet. Here are the ups and downs so far...

Saturday: At Lockport 10 - DGN 0

Mercy me! First DGN game of the year. A little rough. 2 Lockport pitchers combine for a 1 hitter.
------------------------------------------------

Monday: DGN 2 - At Wheaton Warrenville South 1

DGN LHP Mitch LaBuda throws a great game. Pitch count a little high (85 I think?), but scattered a few hits with some good defense behind him.
------------------------------------------------

Tuesday: DGN 3 - At Benet 1

Mark Belcastro (4 innings) and Dex McCauley (3 innings) both pitch very well. DGN SS Steve Binder goes 3 for 3 with a double.

Mike F
On Monday I saw a well played game between rivals Glenbrook South and Loyola. Loyola's Brendan Daker pitched really well into the fifth with 10 strikeouts. In the fifth however Mike Kerr hit a homerun to give GBS the lead and the win. The final was 6-3 GBS. Both teams looked good for the early year on defense, I think only 1 or 2 errors total. As I said Daker was solid on the mound for the Rablers, but seemed to run out of gas in the fifth. Matt Williamson went deep for the Rablers. Senior Blake Buzard was the winning pitcher for GBS.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.