Skip to main content

I've read many suggestions to "late" people to attend fall showcases and camps. These are very expensive, and I'm sure many kids are like mine and their time if very limited.

My son is captain of the football team and very busy. Of course, he daily gets the invites to these camps, many are personal and say they are down to the final so and so and will pick the rest after the camp....really want you to come. But went to a one day one recently and it was run terribly by mostly high school coaches and the school spent 30 minutes seeing the kids rotate thru on a shortened scrimage. Big waste of time and money.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Claudette - my recollection from another thread is that you have a son with strong academics. The Headfirst Showcases are excellent and attract many coaches from the "academic schools" - D-111, as well as IVY, and some other D-1 schools with strong academics.

From a pure baseball standpoint, many people consider the Perfect Game Showcases to be excellent. Others can chime in on those events.
I think there comes a time when priorities need to be in order, your son has chosen to play football this fall and he should remain with that sport until spring. I agree with TR, if he isn't in "baseball" shape (not always meaning physically) or been on a baseball field, don't showcase.

Is your son a 2010 or a 2011? Either way he has time, especially if he is going in the D2,D3 direction.

College coaches run their own camps, but do allow other organizations to run showcases, camps tournies there as well, make sure you know who is running and and why.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.