Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Twotex said...Just to pour salt in the wound son's last tournament was cancelled due to chance of snow and generally nasty weather.

Yes, all three of my boys are done with Fall baseball this weekend due to weather too. The culprit is snow and freezing rain in Upstate NY all the way to Virginia.

On the very bright side, the Red Sox will start Spring training presumably on Feb 12 which is only 106 days away!

Incidently the Red Sox have a new Spring Training facility in Fort Myers called JetBlue Park at Fenway South (no relation!) As you would expect, ticket prices are through the roof! Hot Stove will start heating up right after Albert Pujols has his last glass of champagne (this AM). I'm sure Theo and the Cubs left him a voicemail as the mitt was closing on that fly out in left field last night. Wink

Oldest son's college season starts in only 126 days! So, there is a lot to look forward to in 2012!
Last edited by fenwaysouth
It could be worse-you could be an O's fan. Baltimore will offer far less to any respectable free agent than the market dictates, sign nobody that will make an impression, late in the game sign a couple washed up vets at bargain prices to come in and play 1 year with 40% of their skills intact, cross their fingers and say several Hail Mary's that out of nowhere, a talented team will arise just like the mythical Phoenix bird. Their strategy is a country song, "Wishin' and Hopin' "

Since what they're doing isn't working, my approach would be to gut the whole works-keep Matt Weiters but trade everyone else with any shred of value, even Markakis (especially Markakis-his contract improves them not and he's overpaid to be a solid but not spectacular outfielder), stockpile young pitching prospects...and say hail Mary's that a few of the existing pitching prospects blossom. Bring up the minor league guys that are ready and move on.

We've been on the bottom for several years so if you can't go deeper, jettison everything that floats.

Just My opinion.............

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.